Trouble with Google music app finding Google cloud music

srp

Aug 3, 2011
Having trouble getting my preloaded Music app find my Google account. I'm a new music beta cloud user and have uploaded music but there is no option in my "Music" app to log into my Google account. There also is no "Music Sync" option in the sync settings for my Google account in Settings. I've opened tickets in both the Acer and Google Music support sites but neither has been any help. I'm running 3.1 with the latest update from Acer. Have not rooted the device.

Anyone else had this issue?

Any suggestions?

from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Update your music player from the market if you haven't already done so. Current version is 3.0.1.339 (see Music app settings menu).

Also, the Google account used must already be one of the accounts in the tablet,
you must turn on Syncing (top two check boxes) on Accounts and Sync page
then tap the google account on that same page and check Sync Music.

From inside the Google Music app, the menu indicator in the upper left corner will list a Google Account.
Tapping this lets you change it (but only shows those google accounts that have Google Music).

If you have more than one google music account, and both are accounts already defined in accounts and Sync a) lucky you, and b) you will see the ability to switch accounts in the Google Music App.

Now when I first got my GM account, there was a wonky delay before it showed up on my phone and the tablet. But it sorted itself out within an hour.

srp

Aug 3, 2011
I only have one Google account and it's the one set up on the A500.

"Sync Music" doesn't show up as an option in my account sync settings. It's like the device doesn't know that I have a GM account. I am assuming that is why the Google Music app doesn't show anything about my account in it's menu. I've had the GM account for a few days now. There apparently is something not set up right on my device. Acer support said to reset the device to factory defaults and see if that resolved the issue but I really don't want to have to re-do the 2 weeks of effort in setting up all the apps settings again on the A500, especially if they can't tell me if that will definitely resolve the issue.

srp

Aug 3, 2011
Also .... I must have the most recent Music app because when I go to the Market, the Music app only has an Open button, no Update button. In the Applications area of the device settings, the Music app shows the version as just being 3.0. Apparently it cannot show the full version number. Since it is a preloaded app, I can't uninstall it and reinstall it from the Market either. I also don't get all the menu options in the app itself including the "Music Version" option.

It's like my device doesn't know that I am a GM beta member but I don't know if that is an Acer problem or a Google problem.

Last edited:

rickio

May 14, 2011
It seems you have not configured it. Did you click on menu,go to preferences and login to your account?
Check,systems,account synch. And then open music app an click menu button,then login.

Also when i had a pre-installed app. I wanted to upgrade. I just installed on top of it. Seems to work for me.

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

srp

Aug 3, 2011
Thanks. I am logged into my gmail account on the device. Sync account is turned on. I see sync options for Books, Calendar, Contacts, Gmail, Picassa, and Google+ but no sync option for Music. I've trying scrolling up and down in the sync options, it just doesn't exist. Also, there is no account login or account settings menu choice within my Music app.

How were you able to install over the existing, preloaded app? I don't have the option from Market to download the app that's in the Market because it sees it on my device and thinks I already have it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
I'd uninstall the current Music App restart then go to the Market and download.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It can't be uninstalled, as was pointed out.

@SRP:

You might go in and remove all settings in google music app, via the Applications menu, and erase data, and force close it.

Then go to the market web site on your computer, and find Google Music, and tell it to download and install directly to your tablet.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.music&feature=search_result
It will install over the built in one, (or beside it, who really knows, but it does work).

If you are still seeing 3.0 you are not running the newest version. The Market says the current version is 3.0.1.
Further the app reports it self as 3.0.1 in Settings / Applications.
When you get the right one there will be a settings menu, and it will say 3.0.1.339.

srp

Aug 3, 2011
Would love to but Music is a preloaded app on my A500 and there is no way to uninstall it. Even Acer support said that there was no way to uninstall a preloaded app.

srp

Aug 3, 2011
Sorry, reply was to previous post about uninstalling. Will try the latest suggestion. Thanks.

srp

Aug 3, 2011
Whooo Hoooo!!!! Last suggestion from Icebike worked!!! Closed, downloaded from website instead of Market app and it install over existing app. Allowed me to connect to Google account and I'm listening to cloud music as I type. Thanks for the help.