Trouble with new ereader

Nanci

Dec 19, 2011
Hi, this is my first device with Android, and so far I'm not impressed. I purchased this tablet 11/29/11. It is an Ematic eGlide reader 2.3.

I had not used it more than ten times, and one day I turned it on and there was a message on the screen:

"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" with a "FORCE CLOSE" button, which I have repeatedly touched and it pops right back up.

Once in a while another message appears also:
"The application Appstore (process.com.amazon.venezia) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again" with a "FORCE CLOSE" button as well.

I have tried everything I know of and I have tried the "reset" many times, with no success. I looked around online, and it looks like this message comes up a lot on the phones. The fix for that seems to be to remove the battery, but I cannot do that on this tablet. Please help! If I can't get it to work, it's getting returned at the end of the week and I will not get near an Android device again.

THANKS!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The problem is your Amazon Market is causing a conflict with your device. This means this error and you may not be able to use Amazon either.
The answer I found was to Uninstall the Amazon app, They used to have older versions available for backward compatibility. I used an older version and it fixed my problem. I cannot provide any other suggestion right now other than UN-install Amazon market and look for older Amazon install.

Nanci

Dec 19, 2011
Thank you - that makes sense, but how do I uninstall it? I have it connected to my PC but cannot find the apps.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Start your Device and keep choosing close on the Force Close until they stop. Then go to settings, Applications, and uninstall Amazon.
If you cannot get past the forced close message after more than 20 close attempts. Then you need to try and reboot it in Safe mode. I am not familiar with your device so will provide you four common ways to enter safe mode at boot.
1. Press the center of the screen as you power up
2. Press the up volume as you power up
3. Press the down volume as you power up
4. Keep holding the Power button as you power up until the splash (opening image) disappears

Otherwise, you may need to reinstall the FW as a fix

Nanci

Dec 19, 2011
Thanks for trying to help, but nothing worked (except I don't know what FW means). I'm afraid it's getting returned this week.