trouble with smatq v7

suarve2

Jun 30, 2010
just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or do i have a defective model.

i ordered this mid from ebay, the specs looked pretty good. so i thought i'd give it a try.

SmartQ v7 Google Android 2.1 HD Wifi Bluetooth Touch - eBay (item 170507046852 end time Jul-02-10 21:19:57 PDT)

its closed now.

well the device hardware is nice and works well as long as the screen is not being touched. as soon as the screen is touched it goes in to instant lag. this makes all games almost completely unplayable. as far as video play back i tested it in ubuntu on some anime and everything seemed fine there. also i am having trouble with getting the wifi to work on any of the OS's.

so now i need to find out whether i should send it back for another one or just get a refund. or if someone knows where some firmware updates are that can resolve my dilemma.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

suarve2

Jun 30, 2010
after a few firmware tries i found one that was much more stable, and it was the official firmware for the device which is android 1.6. so it was a downgrade from 2.1, but it is much more stable and usable so i'll deal with the downgrade.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
You should try to install the latest firmware for Android 2.1. It is optimized for 7 inches screen and the icons are now much more smaller and it is quite stable