Trying to decide between Galaxy Tab 10.1 & Mortorla Xoom...Help!

CTArmyWife

Aug 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am trying to decide which android tablet is better, the Galaxy Tab or the Xoom.. I will be buying one of them, but it is a hard decision to make. I am pretty knowledgeable about droids having a droid phone that I rooted already(Galaxy S 4G). I have been reading and watching comparisons between the two, but still cannot decide. Any information or good points for either would help immensely!
Thank you in advance!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i am currently testing both the Xoom and the Galaxy 10.1 for VZW and after two weeks I am finding hands down the Xoom is actually a better device. The Samsung is prettier, but the button placement is horrible (I keep turning it off when I am trying to do the volume), the screen just isn't as crisp as the Motorola, and there all of the accessories seem to cost more for the Galaxy.

It just isn't worth the little bit lighter and slimmer design for the Galaxy to me.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum CTArmyWife. Glad to have you with us here at the forum. How's that for service, you barely joined and pbrauer has already answered your question about what to buy.:)

Marquis

Aug 22, 2011
I have to add that the Xoom is heavier than the Galaxy Tab 10.1
Samsung simply is the lightest 10.1" and the thinnest tablet out there.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum Marquis. Sounds like you've got a Galaxy Tab 10.1, glad you're happy with it.

CTArmyWife

Aug 25, 2011
Wow thanx for all the input! I've been leaning toward the Motorola Xoom as it just seems to offer more overall. I am quite alright that it isn't as light or thin as the Galaxy. I think in the long run, I will be happier with the Xoom. And I do love how there are tons of cool accessories for the Xoom as opposed to sparse choices for the Galaxy. I also like that at some point we will be able to add memory to the Xoom thru the slot. I hate how the Galaxy has no ports whatsoever much less room for expansion. I have been doing plenty of research on both tablets and I love what I see so far about the Xoom.