Trying to Decide What to Buy

mbd52

Nov 12, 2012
Hello!

I discovered this site when I typed tablets for dummies into a Google Search bar. My husband who is 68 and technology resistant is saying he would like something electronic to make notes, keep files and use email. He wants something thin and portable. Looks like the Android Nexus 7 that Staples is selling for 159.00 would be a good way to begin. Any input?
:rolleyes:

mbd52

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Agree, that would be a good choice, another would be a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. There are others, just do some research and pick one out. He also might want to visit a retailer, like Best Buy, and check out several of them to see what he likes.

NICKrulezd00d

Nov 8, 2012
Many of the new 7" tablets are selling for under $200, mind as well get as much bang for your buck as you can! :)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I would hop all over the Nexus7 for $159 for a beginner. Be sure to check out NexusTablets.net if you do get one. They are dedicated to that tablet, and lots of helpful people there (including myself!)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mbd, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. You can add my vote for the Nexus 7 to your list. However, the best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so more folks can make some suggestions. Enjoy the forum and whatever tablet you decide on!