Kernel version 2.6.229 cbsmbg@CBServer #307
Build number 1.2M2

rvcullen: btw the unit is made by Winmark http://szwinmark.en.alibaba.com/
I
t's also sold as the Erisin es666.

Last edited:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
O.K. thanks.....think maybe I will have to do a factory reset.

Did you know you can get into recovery mode by pressing the back button and the power button at the same time (after powering the unit down) ? Once into recovery the back button scrolls through the options and the menu button is enter.

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Pulling my hair out now !!

Can you please tell me what steps you took to root your device....

I have started from scratch...reset to factory defaults..installed and run z4root...it says tab is rooted...installed titanium backup...it says tab is not rooted or busybox not installed.....installed busybox installer, but when I run it it fails, throws up an error for a few seconds that says something about /system/xbin can't be mounted as r/w...exiting.

If you have titanium backup running o.k. what steps did you do exactly to achieve this ?

Please help..............

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
I think you need to delete some system files to make room for it. The tablet comes with its system partition completely full so I deleted a bunch of files in /system/media/audio and it seemed to solve a lot of problems it still says my SU isnt up to date but it works

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
I already tried that from your previous post. Using root explorer, I tried to delete some ringtones in /system/media/audio but it won't let me....says they are read only.....clicking the mount r/w button does nothing.....

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
I already tried that from your previous post. Using root explorer, I tried to delete some ringtones in /system/media/audio but it won't let me....says they are read only.....clicking the mount r/w button does nothing.....
ok use z4 to temporary root since yours wont root fully and then hook it up via usb and use adb and do adb remount, adb shell, cd /system/audio, then list and rm anything you want

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Well....it doesn't make any sense to me....but the temporary root works o.k.

Titanium backup works and I also managed to adb some files from system/media to make way for the voice search files.

Why temp root works and perm root doesn't is beyond me.....especially as it works on yours......

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
I been messing with different roms over on chinese developement site for android tab made in china. I was able to get the driver and software to root the carpad pernemently and was about to boot up a custom android 2.2 rom on there which made the device much much faster. There is couple things im still trying to work out. The rom is a bare android rom with no browser, no market, no maps, no keyboard, camera software don't match the hardware. I was able to get the chinese android market working and able to download apps but alot of them crashes. i can post the files up if anyone is wanting to try it for themselves but i am not responsible for any brick or damage done to the device. i have compiles some files together to root and run androd 2.2 froyo on this device.

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
i can post the files up if anyone is wanting to try it for themselves

Waiting for those files j8dailo.......

I have backed up the recovery and boot partitions , so hopefully should be able to restore it if ( or is that when ? ) it goes horribly wrong !!

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
Hey sorry about the wait, i got in contact with the manufacture of the radios and just receive email today that their developing team just finished up on the new 2.3 android update and will be sending to me momentarily from china. if you guys can be patient with me a little longer, i'll post up the legit update after i can confirm its working on mine. i DO NOT want anyone to brick or damage their device with the files that i compiles for android 2.2. please be patient a bit longer

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
I'd be interested in those files....please post them.

LATEST NEWS ++++
I see that the carpad has been updated and now runs android 2.3 !!
Looks to be the same hardware.....would be nice to get the rom for this one...

Shenzhen Winmark Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd

that picture been saying 2.3 update for a while now and the model is DM 7033 not DM 7022. 7033 is suppose to come out later this month, same thing with 2.3 update. once i get update from the developers in china, ill update you guys