Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Warlord,

Welcome to the forum & this thread,

Your offer sounds like a good idea, I have some of the files stashed here which I can upload if your idea goes ahead.
I hope you enjoy your new pad stereo as much as I do mine, I'm gutted at the moment because the top catch on mine has given up & wont secure the pad in place :-( I'm waiting on a reply from the manufacturers who I contacted today. in the past they & Erising have been both helpful & honorable in their dealings with myself & others, I'm hoping this continues & they help me out quickly !

Enjoy your time here, its been like a united nations that actually help each other out & everyone has benifited from their time here !

Mark

race777

Jul 4, 2012
Hi everybody, i too have been reading this thread for the past week and its been very helpful as i've been looking at buying a car pad for my 2009 xtrail, and i'm a newbie to this.

i'm looking at the differences between the dm7033 and the newer dm7035 and dm7041. I've read the previous post mentioning the those two newer models
and winmarks product descriptions, and i had some questions like how would the multitouch screen of the 7041 be different in use than the dm 7033 and whether
there were other differences stand out in the specifications, has anyone here found out anything more on these models besides whats at winmarks website, i have
emailed them as well to see what they can tell me.

I was also wondering what the screen layout was like on these car pads when connected to the ipod, does it look like a
reflection of the ipod. I've looked at a few youtube videos of the es777 but i haven't saw the ipod being used.

Another question i had, was whether anybody has fitted an external mic for the bluetooth to these units.

Also, how is viewing of the screen on the pad from the passenger seat, and how is it in sunlight for viewingas well.

Another question i had
is at the 4pad.ru forum is there a specific thread that discusses these units as well, as i've tried the links in previous posts but they are too old, and when i use
google translate i haven't been able to find the discussion so far.

Thanks for any comments you might have.
Sam

ps. being new to this, would i be better off leaving the unit stock or is it not to difficult even for a beginner to carry out
some of these modifications that are discussed on this thread

Last edited:

fozzhussain

Jul 4, 2012
hi there,
i bought ES777A about few weeks ago, but the PAD dont charger any more, not even with the Main Charger? what could be the problem? please help

thanks

Junjdm

Apr 19, 2012
Hi everybody, i too have been reading this thread for the past week and its been very helpful as i've been looking at buying a car pad for my 2009 xtrail, and i'm a newbie to this.

i'm looking at the differences between the dm7033 and the newer dm7035 and dm7041. I've read the previous post mentioning the those two newer models
and winmarks product descriptions, and i had some questions like how would the multitouch screen of the 7041 be different in use than the dm 7033 and whether
there were other differences stand out in the specifications, has anyone here found out anything more on these models besides whats at winmarks website, i have
emailed them as well to see what they can tell me.

I was also wondering what the screen layout was like on these car pads when connected to the ipod, does it look like a
reflection of the ipod. I've looked at a few youtube videos of the es777 but i haven't saw the ipod being used.

Another question i had, was whether anybody has fitted an external mic for the bluetooth to these units.

Also, how is viewing of the screen on the pad from the passenger seat, and how is it in sunlight for viewingas well.

Another question i had
is at the 4pad.ru forum is there a specific thread that discusses these units as well, as i've tried the links in previous posts but they are too old, and when i use
google translate i haven't been able to find the discussion so far.

Thanks for any comments you might have.
Sam

ps. being new to this, would i be better off leaving the unit stock or is it not to difficult even for a beginner to carry out
some of these modifications that are discussed on this thread

HI race777
I will try to answer a few of your questions
Q-i'm looking at the differences between the dm7033 and the newer dm7035 and dm7041
A- The difference with the dm7041 is that it has the return,menu .etc buttons in the front instead of the top but the screen size is the same as the others. Now the difference between
dm7033 and the newer dm7035 seems to be the mount for the pad and that the pad itself is 2.5mm thinner and the radio unit face look is different.

Q-
reflection of the ipod.
A-It is definitely not a reflection of the ipod it just has a simple layout with artist,songs,genre but I dont think many people use it as you can connect the phone via bluetooth but I would understand if you just had an ipod in the car. It just takes a little to long to choose a song in the ipod layout.

Q-
A-The tablet is not bluetooth its self but The radio unit itself is bluetooth and has a fix mic on the front.

Q-
how is viewing of the screen on the pad from the passenger seat, and how is it in sunlight for viewingas well.
A-the viewing is perfect from any seat that can see the screen. Now the screen is very glossy so on a sunny day your not going to see much but a reflection. What you need to do is buy a matte/antiglare film and fit it to your screen and that would help dramatically I use an ipad antiglare film and cut it to size and it gives me 4 screen for the pad $6 B&H store.

Q-
being new to this, would i be better off leaving the unit stock or is it not to difficult even for a beginner to carry out
some of these modifications that are discussed on this thread.
A-It is not hard with proper research on how to do things. I come from a iPhone mac user that has never use a droid before and after a few days of research i manage to do 90% of the things discuss here and the other 10% i havent because of time or not being able to have some of the hardware but everything is doable with patience and research.

Hope I was able to help with some of your question but if you go to erisin.com there you can see all of the specs.
I also have my unit es777a install in a Lincoln Navigator 2004

Junjdm

Apr 19, 2012
Hi Junjdm,

This item looks like the right screen (please double check before you order,

FULL LCD Screen Display + Touch Digitizer AT070TN90 AT070TN92 AT070TN94 6mm | eBay

Not bad for £24 delivered !

I understand your sorrow, as I dropped my first pad & had to replace it.

Good luck,

Mark

$Screen Shot 2012-07-05 at 8.37.47 PM.png$photo 2.JPG$photo 1.JPG$photo 4.JPG$photo 3.JPG

Item description-FULL LCD Screen Display + Touch Digitizer AT070TN90 AT070TN92 AT070TN94 6mm

The 1st pics is the eBay item and the last pic is the barcode item number and serial so it seems to be the right screen but when you said you had to replace it yourself did you mean the screen or the entire tablet itself? And if it was the screen is there anything I should know before I install it like the removal or transfer of anything from the old screen to the new. Because in the 1st pic it looks like that would be the back if I where to follow the ribbon placement, to the naked eye that ebay item pic looks like the front screen minus the fact that it has a silver bezel instead of the black. Thanks again.

Last edited:

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
hi there,
i bought ES777A about few weeks ago, but the PAD dont charger any more, not even with the Main Charger? what could be the problem? please help

thanks

Hi Fozzhussain,

Welcome to the forum & this thread :)

As the main unit & mains charger use differant ports to charge & its unlikely that both are faulty, my best guess is the battery pack which may be faulty or have become disconnected.
Try turning on the pad with the mains charger plugged in if it boots up let it finish & then reset the tab using the stylus in the pin hole on the rear just to make sure its not a soft /firm ware issue.

I have contacts for replacement chargers & battery packs in the UK if you need them.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Mark

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
View attachment 7176View attachment 7182View attachment 7174View attachment 7180View attachment 7181

Item description-FULL LCD Screen Display + Touch Digitizer AT070TN90 AT070TN92 AT070TN94 6mm

The 1st pics is the eBay item and the last pic is the barcode item number and serial so it seems to be the right screen but when you said you had to replace it yourself did you mean the screen or the entire tablet itself? And if it was the screen is there anything I should know before I install it like the removal or transfer of anything from the old screen to the new. Because in the 1st pic it looks like that would be the back if I where to follow the ribbon placement, to the naked eye that ebay item pic looks like the front screen minus the fact that it has a silver bezel instead of the black. Thanks again.

Hi Silvano & Race777,

Hi Junjdm,

The ebay item does not have the front transparncy which I think can only be obtained from Erising / Winmark, however you might be able to remove your old one by heating it with a hair dryer & peeling it off the old screen (worth a try !) or you could try using a screen protector from another product you might get lucky on size or you could get one suitable for a bigger tab such as a ipad (available in poundland for, you guessed it a £1 !) & cut it to size.
Good luck, I hope your are up & running soon & your daughter isnt in too much trouble !

Mark

race777

Jul 4, 2012
thanks for the response junjdm and for the welcome too mark

i didn't realize the ipod functions were that basic, does it not show album art?

on the dm7033 is it not a true double din fit, i mean does the pad holder on the main unit drop down lower than the double din size and if so
if dyn620 reads this post could you please put a picture of how it looks fitted to your xtrail, thanks

also i found the thread on 4pda.ru but i can't view it cause it says the link to it is too old, can anyone help us out on
this link http://forum/4pda.ru/forum.index.php?showtopic=271891

thanks again sam

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
Hello, again

I finally have bought an ES778A two days ago and, although it is only two days old, i am very happy with it.
I have some doubts:
1.-When i connect an USB pen to USB rear port of the device, it takes a long time going through all files in USB pen. I have a lot of music files on it, but it is normal. Is it normal? Does the device do it every time or only the first time i put the USB pen?
2.-I have bought the 3G USB Wireless modem, I connect it with my SIM to PAD USB port, the PAD detects the dongle because the SD of the dongle appears, but i cannot navigate, i have no mobile data connection and Mobile Network in Settings is not enable, what have i to do for 3G wireless modem to work?

Thank you.

fozzhussain

Jul 4, 2012
Hi Fozzhussain,

As the main unit & mains charger use differant ports to charge & its unlikely that both are faulty, my best guess is the battery pack which may be faulty or have become disconnected.
Try turning on the pad with the mains charger plugged in if it boots up let it finish & then reset the tab using the stylus in the pin hole on the rear just to make sure its not a soft /firm ware issue.

I have contacts for replacement chargers & battery packs in the UK if you need them.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Mark

thank you for your reply, i have tried that, but it wont even charge, it just says connect the charger,

i bought another charger but still it says the same thing, most probably it is the battery then? where can i get that from? and can i put that on myself?

thanks and i really appreciate your help.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
thank you for your reply, i have tried that, but it wont even charge, it just says connect the charger,

i bought another charger but still it says the same thing, most probably it is the battery then? where can i get that from? and can i put that on myself?

thanks and i really appreciate your help.

Hi Fozzhussain,

Please be aware that without testing the tablet, I cannot be absolutley sure the problem is the battery, all I can do is give you is my best guess. If you want to try replacing the battery & you are in the UK, try a company called multicell.
www.multicell.co.uk/

Its best to send them the battery & they will copy it.

To dimantle the pad undo the four screws on the back & then push a pin or small screwdriver into the screw holes to seperate the front from the back.

please only do this if you are happy that you can do it without causing any damage.

good luck

Mark

ii141c

Jun 16, 2012
Can anybody give me a help with my two problems?

1.-When i connect an USB pen to USB rear port of the device, it takes a long time going through all files in USB pen. I have a lot of music files on it, but it is normal. Is it normal? Does the device do it every time or only the first time i put the USB pen?
2.-I have bought the 3G USB Wireless modem, I connect it with my SIM to PAD USB port, the PAD detects the dongle because the SD of the dongle appears, but i cannot navigate, i have no mobile data connection and Mobile Network in Settings is not enable, what have i to do for 3G wireless modem to work?

Thank you a lot.
PD: Despite of this little problems, i am very happay with the device. If anybody have any doubt do not hesitate to let me know and I will try to test it and answer it.

warlord

Jul 4, 2012
Hi Guys

Well got the beast, and already dropped the pad, lucky it bounced and didn't break phew...

ok now a couple of questions a few here may be able to help with.

1) trying to install the steering controls, you get 4 wires from the set, and i have looked at a couple of diagrams for the steering side here but they all involve 3-4+ wires including power. My steering has 2 wires ? and im not sure how that is going to work lol

2) putting cd play on the box and then starting up satnav (navigon) i get sound from the sat but nothing from the cd at all during navigation :( is there some setting im missing here.

3) have read a few posts here, and got more confused to be honest about the right way to connect / disconnect the pad. I turned off the power to the car and let the pad and unit both turn off before removing the pad , but then while in the house, well do you think i could turn the pad back on ... NO chance wtf. Found the only way to turn it back on was by plugging in the charger, is this right ?

4) FM aerial the bog standard dosent seem that good, outside house its "ok" just, but then when i got to work, nothing at all no signal tv or radio. Has anyone purchased a 3rd party one with better success ?

5) oh and this one is strange. I copied the 4GB card onto an 8GB and put it back into the pad, Lost all the files, well the pad could see them but usb to windows could, "2 drives mounted from pad" i thought it might have been because i copied the card on the pc, so i backed them up from the pad, put the new card back in and copied the files back that way through windows connected to usb. But still the same problem, it could find any music files etc on the card. Then i finally noticed a folder on the pad called "tflash" or close to that, and all the files from the second card are in there, whats going on or is that normal and i just missed it at first ?

ok guys, I think thats all im worried about for now lol

it is a nice piece of kit though and well happy with it.

offer is still open for the ftp if antone else is interested, only Mark has shown some interest so far.

war

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

So far I have had no reply from Winmark which is dissapointing, I have swapped main units in my van & am now using a DM7022 main unit with my DM7033 pad .

Warning ! I have found signs of wear on my 2nd main unit on the locking latch but thankfully it hasn't given up yet like my DM7033, I advise you all to check the condition of the locking latch in the centre of the top of your unit & be careful & deliberate when removing your pad from the main unit.

I will answer the recent questions that I know the answers to.

To sync up main unit & pad, do this,

turn car ignition & on turn main unit on with the pad detached, turn pad on while detached & let it fully boot up then mount pad into main unit & use as you want.
I never use the pad on off switch I just turn off ignition, then wait for pad to close down before detaching. Next time you want to use it, mount pad before turning on ignition & pad & main unit will boot up together.

Radio reception is poor, I have fitted a amplified combined TV & FM aerial & while it is a improvement on the factory aerial, reception is still not as good as my old stereo with the factory aerial.

Both of my units are analogue tv only, I have now added the DVB-T tuner (pictured in a earlier post) via AUX in & it works well.

The main source of radio That I use is Internet radio using theTunein app & internet from my Galaxy Note's wi-fi hotspot, this is a good replacement for below average FM reception.

I'm off on holiday at the end of the week but I will check back in when I can.

Mark