Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
that is weird, i think it has to do something with my setup..i have an external factory amp and i believe its not powering it on..the bluetooth phone volume is barely louder than my phone speakers...

marsen

Nov 15, 2011
Hi guys I was trying to install the 2.1 update that you posted but I can not in any way I can help some of you writing me through the steps to do

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
It would help if you gave us more information,,

How exactly have you tried to do it and what errors are you getting ?

marsen

Nov 15, 2011
just can not install it when I go into recovery and install update from sd me aborted. I want to know precisely the actual procedure What '

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Can someone help me? I tried to reset to factory settings and now when it goes to the setup screen and I hit the little droid guy it doesn't do anything. I tried reseting again and it does the same thing; the calibration is working and it shows me clicking on the droid but no results. For some reason I am holding the back button and power button and its not going into recovery mode anymore. HELP!

EDIT: I got back into the recovery mode. What should I do? What happens if I apply sdcard:update.zip?

Last edited:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
just can not install it when I go into recovery and install update from sd me aborted. I want to know precisely the actual procedure What '

You don't go into recovery mode.....you need to go into FWDN mode and flash the files uploaded by j8dailo ( the 2.1update). There's plenty of info about FWDN flashing if you google it....there's a youtube video showing the process here

The only difference to this video is how to get into FWDN mode.....I explained that in a previous posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Can someone help me? I tried to reset to factory settings and now when it goes to the setup screen and I hit the little droid guy it doesn't do anything. I tried reseting again and it does the same thing; the calibration is working and it shows me clicking on the droid but no results. For some reason I am holding the back button and power button and its not going into recovery mode anymore. HELP!

EDIT: I got back into the recovery mode. What should I do? What happens if I apply sdcard:update.zip?

Same answer to you ....go into FWDN mode and flash the 2.1update....

If you have a problem post again, explaining exactly where in the process you are stuck......

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Same answer to you ....go into FWDN mode and flash the 2.1update....

If you have a problem post again, explaining exactly where in the process you are stuck......
Ya, I was going to try that. I don't think I have the right drivers I'm on windows 7 64-bit and I was reading somewhere that they don't have drivers for FWDN for my version. I guess I could use my windows xp 32 bit laptop for it but where do I even find those drivers? Heh, I was just trying to change my google account for market to the same one I use for my phone and I guess the only way to do that is a factory reset.

Edit: on win 7 64 bit im getting a no boot file error
Edit: Getting same error on win xp I'm using these VTC drivers http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-r-firmware-using-windows-7-a.html#post17327 and the same version of FWDN V7

Last edited:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Last edited:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
So...you have loaded the drivers, installed FWDN, and you get that error when trying to connect the tab to FWDN......yes ?

You are doing the three button procedure I previously explained to connect the tab to the p.c. ?

On another thread, someone suggested loading the 3 files into FWDN before trying to connect their tab....you might want to try that.

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
So...you have loaded the drivers, installed FWDN, and you get that error when trying to connect the tab to FWDN......yes ?

You are doing the three button procedure I previously explained to connect the tab to the p.c. ?

On another thread, someone suggested loading the 3 files into FWDN before trying to connect their tab....you might want to try that.
Yes, I followed all your steps and tried it on both xp and windows 7 64bit with the other drivers then uninstalling them, restarting, and installing your drivers. My FWDN doesn't allow me to load the files before hand? Are there any settings you have in FWDN that aren't enabled normally or any steps you might have left out?

I don't get why the setup isn't working though all I did was reset to factory with the recovery screen. It lights up the droid like i'm clicking it and everything it just doesn't do anything.

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
No settings changed....I don't think I left out any steps.
I've not had the error you are getting.....when exactly do you get it ? Where in the process ?

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
No settings changed....I don't think I left out any steps.
I've not had the error you are getting.....when exactly do you get it ? Where in the process ?
I hook up the tablet to the computer and start FWDN. I then hold the three buttons and press restart and the error pops up

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
You are trying this with the power to the tablet disconnected ?

I found I couldn't get into FWDN mode if the power was plugged in.....don't know why.

I just tried my FWDN and it DOES allow you to load the files before connecting the tablet.I am using win7 32bit and this version of FWDN....

View attachment $FWDN_V7_v2.13.exe.zip

Last edited: