Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

wapozzi

Jan 19, 2013
I gave em a try and only the V2MT would work for me, the other one kept failing.. But then i ran into the screen being bricked, and after may trys i was able to get it working agian. Had to use my stock boot.img and recovery.img to get the touch back, using the supplied lk.rom was messing that all up. But all in all got it back to running state, just got to re-root and re-download my apps, thankfully wasnt much.

As for CWM, still cant get it going :confused:

stro

Sep 6, 2012
Hi thank you the info on V2MT.rar, couldn't download from Sendspace any chance of a direct link ...many thanks
Thanks for your rom.
Believe it or not, I also got response from Winmark today, they actually sent me ROM. I also downloaded yours for reference.

For those that are interested:
Download V2MT.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Download V2HY.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

For me the V2HY.rar worked. Had to flash it with the FWDN-tool.

After installing I tried to go back to CWM, and got it to work again. For what it's worth how i installed it:
- Go to fastboot (Vol+ + Power)
- fastboot flash recovery cwm???.img
- To get into recovery: Back + power. (First time you'll be staring at a black screen for about a minute before it boots)

On my device shortcuts for recovery etc are:
Recovery: Back + power
FWDN: Home + power
Fastboot: Vol+ + power

Apparently my device also seems to have bluetooth (in this rom). Maybe this could solve the handsfree issues. It's very buggy though. I got it to pair with my phone, however it doesn't connect.

I was just messing, trying to get the JB rom from the Coby Kyros MID7022 to run. Without success. The rom is way to big for our system partition. I removed some of the system apps until it fit, but went straight to fastboot upon rebooting. Reflashed native boot.img using fastboot, and got to the green android guy, no further booting. For now enough messing around. At least now I have a recovery in case there's more roms to try in the future.

crucial

Dec 31, 2012
hello all:

I have the Winmark DM 7035.
All in all quite happy with the unit.

I have a couple of queries.
First one involves sound levels. The audio output from the base unit (radio) is much louder than the audio from the tablet. I find that I have to increase the volume on the tablet and on the base unit to get good sound from my media player (winamp. but all players I have tried have the same issue). problem is when i switch back to radio i get blasted out of the car. Anybody have a solution for this?

Second issue is probably just my confusion about the GPS. It is my understanding that the base unit has a GPS reciever built in. (thus the antenna). when I use the scr function key on the base of the head unit I get all the icons for TV, AUX, ipod etc, etc... but no GPS icon. There is a little GPS icon on the lower right corner of the screen but the only result when tapping upon it is to produce a red X on this icon.
My expectation is that I should have a GPS icon that would allow me to set a path to the head units SD card. And thus to a wince nav program.
Can I only use Android based nav programs through the tablet? is the tablet using the head unit GPS in car? am I missing something really simple? My understanding of this unit is that when accessing the head unit functions, the tablet acts only as a monitor, and with the GPS antenna and presumably GPS reciever in the head unit I should be able access wince gps functionality.

Thanks for any insight into this.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi crucial

Welcome to the thread,
I've never been able to overcome the volume diferences, I dont think anyone has mentioned managing it.
As far as I know only android gps apps can be run, the gps unit connected to the main unit passes thru straight to the pad, I dont think win ce in the main unit can access it.
Im sure if anyone knows any better/different they will chip in.
Enjoy your setup, despite being a bit basic the units are good fun. Try to keep removing the pad to a minimum as the catch is a known weak spot.

Mark :cool:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

inky

Jan 30, 2013
Hi guys. I know, I know..... I'm late to the party as usual, haha

Picked up the DM7022/ES666A myself last year sometime and didn't get too far into it as I lost my license for some time.

A friend directed me to this thread and I have a few questions

#1: framework.jar files for BOTH DM7022 AND DM7033: Can someone relink both of these files? If nothing else, I'd like to fix the "Double GPS Display" issue these units have.

#2: There was a post earlier in the thread containing a link to updated Android 2.1 for the DM7022 Tablet, but the link is dead. Can anyone provide me with this updated ROM or a Working Custom ROM for the DM7022 that I could work off of.

#3:Anyone have the Factory Rom Dumps from BOTH the DM7022 and DM7033 Tablets?

#4: Anyone who has re-flashed the Base/Head Unit with updated/custom GUI: I work with PLC and HMI systems for Automated Manufacturing Equipment and would like to look into this further as I am certain they are very similar programming wise. BUT with the thread from the Russian forums gone (again late to the game, my bad) I am kind of at a loss on where to begin.

If anyone could direct me to the instructions for firmware download and upload from the chip I could get to work on updating all the menus

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
I gave em a try and only the V2MT would work for me, the other one kept failing.. But then i ran into the screen being bricked, and after may trys i was able to get it working agian. Had to use my stock boot.img and recovery.img to get the touch back, using the supplied lk.rom was messing that all up. But all in all got it back to running state, just got to re-root and re-download my apps, thankfully wasnt much.

As for CWM, still cant get it going :confused:

Strange, apparently there are different versions of the DM-7035 around. Perhaps it has to do with the touch screen? (resistive/capacitive)

How does CWM fail for you?

el_jee

Aug 27, 2012
Hi guys. I know, I know..... I'm late to the party as usual, haha

Picked up the DM7022/ES666A myself last year sometime and didn't get too far into it as I lost my license for some time.

A friend directed me to this thread and I have a few questions

#1: framework.jar files for BOTH DM7022 AND DM7033: Can someone relink both of these files? If nothing else, I'd like to fix the "Double GPS Display" issue these units have.

#2: There was a post earlier in the thread containing a link to updated Android 2.1 for the DM7022 Tablet, but the link is dead. Can anyone provide me with this updated ROM or a Working Custom ROM for the DM7022 that I could work off of.

#3:Anyone have the Factory Rom Dumps from BOTH the DM7022 and DM7033 Tablets?

#4: Anyone who has re-flashed the Base/Head Unit with updated/custom GUI: I work with PLC and HMI systems for Automated Manufacturing Equipment and would like to look into this further as I am certain they are very similar programming wise. BUT with the thread from the Russian forums gone (again late to the game, my bad) I am kind of at a loss on where to begin.

If anyone could direct me to the instructions for firmware download and upload from the chip I could get to work on updating all the menus

I would also be interested in the framework.jar. Is this referring to the tablet not switching between tablet GPS and external gps? I have to dock my tablet first, then start the car, otherwise GPS won't work. Also losing connection to the car once (i.e. stopping engine) will make GPS fail.

@4. Maybe the chinese double dins with win ce are a good place to start. If i remember correctly the OS runs from a chip on the DVD-player. I think it should be the same for our device. I've seen a similar dvd-player when I opened my unit.

wapozzi

Jan 19, 2013
Strange, apparently there are different versions of the DM-7035 around. Perhaps it has to do with the touch screen? (resistive/capacitive)

How does CWM fail for you?

on the back of the tablet it says on a sticker 7035C. The way it fails is it only loads into boot loader any way i try. Start up with holding buttons and tried different combinations, ADB does the same when i restart from there into recovery. I read somewhere else (forgot to save the link) that telechips changed their chip so that might be something too?? not sure if its true. But im still picking away at it. I did come by a Clockwork recovery auto build, but that failed too.

danny27404

Feb 2, 2013
I would also be interested in the framework.jar. Is this referring to the tablet not switching between tablet GPS and external gps? I have to dock my tablet first, then start the car, otherwise GPS won't work. Also losing connection to the car once (i.e. stopping engine) will make GPS fail.

@4. Maybe the chinese double dins with win ce are a good place to start. If i remember correctly the OS runs from a chip on the DVD-player. I think it should be the same for our device. I've seen a similar dvd-player when I opened my unit.

Erisin are refusing to send the firmware for my 7033 the device just had a melt down a few days after recieving it and decided to corrupt all the memory i lost the internal SD card first then looong reboot then it will not boot no more :( erisin want me to send it to china uninsured for replacement of course i said no i bought in the uk i expect tosend it back to UK not china and not uninsured!!! Anyway looks like paypal will be getting involved.

So if anyone has the bin and img files etc i would really apreciate it as telechips installer still connects but says boot.img is missing of the device. i hope by getting telechips to wipe the memory and then format then re-install i might have a working device.

Any help will be apreciated.

Pabs

Feb 2, 2013
Hi all,

Totally new to the forums so first of all thanks for any replies in advance, it's much appreciated.

I'm interested in these Erisin units, but i'm just not sure i need one.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which i am looking to link with a stereo of some sort in my car. I am not interested in subwoofers and extra speakers, but i do like to watch my movies when i'm in a traffc jam, so an auxiliarily link up to my S3 (via the 90s style tape deck) and a phone holder on the dash did the trick in my old Fiesta.

I have no AUX in in my new car (bummer) and it's a CD not tape, so am going to strip out the stereo and was going to fit one of these -

Car MP3 USB SD Aux in Bluetooth Stereo Radio AM/FM Deckless Ice White | eBay

Then i came across the thread for the Erisin units....if you could answer some questions that would be great.

1. Does having a Samsung Galaxy S3 on a holder linked via AUX/bluetooth to a cheaper (above) unit defeat the purpose of having one of these Erisin units?

2. If not, which Erisin unit is the one to go for (money IS an issue) if i want a larger screen than my S3, and the ability to use m S3 as a mobile 3G hotspot linked to the unit. N.B if this is unreliable i think my decision is made already, but it's still worth asking...

3. Are there cheaper units that aren't removable as tablets but that still run Android? Or is this totally pointless? I'm not really in the market for a 7" tablet but i suppose it could be of some use.

4. Is anyone using one of these with a Galaxy and if so do they work well together? aAgain, with money in mind, which is the best one to use with S3 (i.e es777a, es778a, es8035a etc)

5. annnnd finally, where is the best/cheapest place to buy these?

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated! :)

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi all,

Totally new to the forums so first of all thanks for any replies in advance, it's much appreciated.

I'm interested in these Erisin units, but i'm just not sure i need one.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, which i am looking to link with a stereo of some sort in my car. I am not interested in subwoofers and extra speakers, but i do like to watch my movies when i'm in a traffc jam, so an auxiliarily link up to my S3 (via the 90s style tape deck) and a phone holder on the dash did the trick in my old Fiesta.

I have no AUX in in my new car (bummer) and it's a CD not tape, so am going to strip out the stereo and was going to fit one of these -

Car MP3 USB SD Aux in Bluetooth Stereo Radio AM/FM Deckless Ice White | eBay

Then i came across the thread for the Erisin units....if you could answer some questions that would be great.

1. Does having a Samsung Galaxy S3 on a holder linked via AUX/bluetooth to a cheaper (above) unit defeat the purpose of having one of these Erisin units?

2. If not, which Erisin unit is the one to go for (money IS an issue) if i want a larger screen than my S3, and the ability to use m S3 as a mobile 3G hotspot linked to the unit. N.B if this is unreliable i think my decision is made already, but it's still worth asking...

3. Are there cheaper units that aren't removable as tablets but that still run Android? Or is this totally pointless? I'm not really in the market for a 7" tablet but i suppose it could be of some use.

4. Is anyone using one of these with a Galaxy and if so do they work well together? aAgain, with money in mind, which is the best one to use with S3 (i.e es777a, es778a, es8035a etc)

5. annnnd finally, where is the best/cheapest place to buy these?

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated! :)

Hi Pabs,

Welcome to the forum & this thread, I will try to answer your questions.

1) Yes if you dont mind going without cd/dvd playing & your not needing a 7" screen
2) I have a dm7022 (es777) & a dm7033(es778) & the catch holding the pad to the main unit has broken on both of them. So I dont advise either of these.
3) Yes there is at least one android non removable unit available, but that like everything that erising offer is on android 2.3 & is well out of date now, so the use of a removable tablet will be limited by not being able to run some recent apps such as m8 sat nav. The wifi hotspot on my galaxy note works well with the units I have.
4) I cant say about the s3 but my galaxy note which is similar works well, I would keep away from the older units due to many faults & limitations, I cant say about the more recent units but as they are still running 2.3 they are allready out of date. Even with the recent models I would not expect to fit & just use like you would a branded unit. these units need nursing, some problems can be overcome with a bit of work but others you will have to live with.
5) If you go ahead and buy one, get it from the cheapest one that takes paypal so you have some level of purchase protection but do not expect any level of service from the manufacturer (winmark) or erising, In the past I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt (language barrier etc) but when I had problems with the catch I couldn't even get them to answer any communication from me & trust me I tried various avenues & email addresses many of which respond within two hours when your wanting to buy something.

Despite the lousy quality control & poor design & many faults I have enjoyed having my units & have learned far more about android than I would of without owning them, but as you can read from this thread its been a uphill battle for many of us & we have to thank the most tech able members who have helped us out.

My own conclusion is that I'm going back to having a seperate pad hooked up to a bluetooth single din stereo, Aldi & Lidl both on occasions have a similar stereo to the one you linked to that also has a cd drive for £50 which Im considering to use in conjunction with my archos 80 g9 which has a 8" screen, a 250gb hard drive & internal gps. I dont mind not having dvd as I rip my films to hdd sd or flash drive.

Good luck & enjoy whatever option you go for.

Mark:cool:

inky

Jan 30, 2013
on the back of the tablet it says on a sticker 7035C. The way it fails is it only loads into boot loader any way i try. Start up with holding buttons and tried different combinations, ADB does the same when i restart from there into recovery. I read somewhere else (forgot to save the link) that telechips changed their chip so that might be something too?? not sure if its true. But im still picking away at it. I did come by a Clockwork recovery auto build, but that failed too.

My understanding of the letter suffix on DM-7035 models is the type of TV tuner installed in the head unit.

The original ES-666A/DM-7022 & ES-777A/DM7033 were mostly/all(?) sold with analog tuner.

EDIT: I looked it up TV Function:

A = Built-in TV tuner (SuperAllWrite), B = CMMB / DVB-T(optional) and C = standard digital TV(optional)

Last edited:

avocadopicker

Feb 9, 2013
Hi, I have Sygic running perfectly on my Samsung S3 and after reading the advertising about being able to install GPS software on the unit bought an ES8035. Installed Sygic which crashes and returns to the main screen after launching. Garbled reply from Erisin and Sygic say 'Sygic may not be supported on this device'. We're still debugging using startup logs etc. Thanks for the very useful discussions regarding rooting and restoration - gives me some confidence about having a go at customising. Defintely some strange examples of incompleteness or immaturity in this version of the Android platform (2.3.5). E.g. if you try to change sounds to avoid having a bleep for every keypress, and/or switch of vibrations, the settings program crashes with an error message. No chance of upgrading to a later version of Android as there isn't enough system memory built in. Anybody managed to get Sygic working on one of these devices?