Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
I have the same device and I am looking for the latest firmware (at least 2.2) for it. What I did was download Advance task killer and kill all the loaded app at the beginning and I can use the Co-pilot. The touch screen is not good but useable.

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Heh had a long weekend. Just tried this version and I still am getting the error I will try it on my 32 bit later today. I'm not sure what to do with this if I can't get it to owrk

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
You are trying this with the power to the tablet disconnected ?

I found I couldn't get into FWDN mode if the power was plugged in.....don't know why.

I just tried my FWDN and it DOES allow you to load the files before connecting the tablet.I am using win7 32bit and this version of FWDN....

View attachment 4720

This is getting extremely frustrating. I watched that video you posted and I think I'm having multiple problems. First, FDWN does not allow me to add files before its connected. Second, I am not even sure I am in FWDN mode anymore? I hold the three buttons, hit the reset, nothing comes up on the tablet screen, on my computer FWDN comes up with the error, and the whole time after it is supposedly in FWDN mode its speaker has this low volume static noise. Is any of this normal? This is starting to worry me I don't know how I can get a replacement tablet without a whole new car radio.

EDIT: Fixed it! It was something to do with the Chinese characters that were in the directory path of where I was pulling the files from (I just copied and pasted them to desktop). As for the boot error it ended up not mattering. I just loaded up all 3 files and hit start. Its working like a charm, thanks for all the help. Still can't believe it was this simple to fix.

Last edited:

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
I'm trying to remember how I got the most recent version of google maps on here heh.

EDIT: Found files to get Google maps up to current version but they are too large to upload here. I Just mount internal, copy them over, unmount. Use appinstaller to run maps.apk, street.apk then It should allow you to update to any version (you have to find the .apk somewhere on the web my market update still doesnt work). This allows you to use all the newest features.
Samdroid board
(they are in /system/app but dont try to adb push them over)

I don't think this fixes the GPS speed error but I'll be testing it out later

Last edited:

joelbiten

Nov 24, 2011
Hi I have the DM 7022 2.1 and like everyone else i would like to have the 2.3 upgrade... I know that there is no 2.3 rom (?). So i heard there is a unstable 2.2 and a some how better 2.1 the the orignal version that was shiped with the device.

My question is simpel, I have the orginal DM 7022 witch do suck a lagre bit :) as you all know. What can i do today to get it to work better ?

Im a very happe to contribute but Im a big noob :)

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
EDIT: Fixed it! It was something to do with the Chinese characters that were in the directory path

Hey....glad you got there in the end !!
There is usually a simple reason...it's just finding it.........

Well done.

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
got update from manufactures that the 2.3 will be pushed back toward end of december...sorry guys nothing i can do about it

amarygma

Nov 30, 2011
So how terrible/awesome is this?

I'm considering buying the same radio, either the Winmark, or more likely the Erisin.

I haven't had to root anything since my old Iriver from '04 (which I still love). Before I go nuts though, I have a few questions:

1) How terrible is the radio? If you're just using normal, local radio stations or a CD does it work? How about if you use just an ordinary AUX in?

2) Are the instructions to install it in some form of English? Does the tablet battery last longer than an hour?

3) How terrible is the Android functionality? I mean, I have an HTC Hero that sucks terribly and cannot handle Angry Birds and randomly factory-resets itself ("Welcome to your new phone!"). My needs are low. Can it do Pandora well enough? Does the browser work? Could it play a Youtube video? If I put songs on a microSD can it play them?

4) How terrible is the sound? I'm not looking for thumping bass.

I guess the whole thing sounds too good to be true, so I'm a little terrified.

amarygma

Nov 30, 2011
Okay, I guess I didn't mean to use the word "terrible" quite so many times. I'm just skeered I'll buy it, and either someone in Hong Kong will never ship it or it will just a big box of lies and I will be sad.

-Robyn

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
So how terrible/awesome is this?

I'm considering buying the same radio, either the Winmark, or more likely the Erisin.

I haven't had to root anything since my old Iriver from '04 (which I still love). Before I go nuts though, I have a few questions:

1) How terrible is the radio? If you're just using normal, local radio stations or a CD does it work? How about if you use just an ordinary AUX in?

2) Are the instructions to install it in some form of English? Does the tablet battery last longer than an hour?

3) How terrible is the Android functionality? I mean, I have an HTC Hero that sucks terribly and cannot handle Angry Birds and randomly factory-resets itself ("Welcome to your new phone!"). My needs are low. Can it do Pandora well enough? Does the browser work? Could it play a Youtube video? If I put songs on a microSD can it play them?

4) How terrible is the sound? I'm not looking for thumping bass.

I guess the whole thing sounds too good to be true, so I'm a little terrified.
1) Everything works, I don't know about the Aux in, the Ipod-in works if you have the tablet attached, it also syncs with my droid 3 if I plug it into the powered usb but it doesn't seem to load the library right (I have only tried it once or twice).
2) Instructions are in English, I am not sure about battery it doesn't last super long with the screen on but I have never timed it
3) everything works its just a little slow and its android 2.1(for now). I have it full of songs and it works fine
4) Sound is perfect for me no interference or anything and I have an upgraded sound system

BTW the rooting process is as simple as installing a program via usb and hitting a button and its zero risk.