Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

amarygma

Nov 30, 2011
1) Everything works, I don't know about the Aux in, the Ipod-in works if you have the tablet attached, it also syncs with my droid 3 if I plug it into the powered usb but it doesn't seem to load the library right (I have only tried it once or twice).
2) Instructions are in English, I am not sure about battery it doesn't last super long with the screen on but I have never timed it
3) everything works its just a little slow and its android 2.1(for now). I have it full of songs and it works fine
4) Sound is perfect for me no interference or anything and I have an upgraded sound system

BTW the rooting process is as simple as installing a program via usb and hitting a button and its zero risk.

Thanks for replying so quickly!
I double checked, and my phone is 2.1 currently, so I guess that's nothing new. Checking internets it has Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528Mhz for a processor, so at least this thing should run better than my phone. :)

Okay, so the Q&A on their website indicates that you cannot use GPS and listen to music at the same time. Does this include even the local radio and AUX/IPOD in? Otherwise i'll just rely on my phone's GPS.

Going to their website (Erisin ES666A In Car DVD Player GPS 3D + 3G Android PAD [ES666A] - US$330.00 : erisin.com) and trying the chat-help they quickly try to cut a deal for 20 dollars cheaper but say things like "U buy now," which I found singularly frightening, but could just be a foreign thing.

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Thanks for replying so quickly!
I double checked, and my phone is 2.1 currently, so I guess that's nothing new. Checking internets it has Qualcomm® MSM7600™, 528Mhz for a processor, so at least this thing should run better than my phone. :)

Okay, so the Q&A on their website indicates that you cannot use GPS and listen to music at the same time. Does this include even the local radio and AUX/IPOD in? Otherwise i'll just rely on my phone's GPS.

Going to their website (Erisin ES666A In Car DVD Player GPS 3D + 3G Android PAD [ES666A] - US$330.00 : erisin.com) and trying the chat-help they quickly try to cut a deal for 20 dollars cheaper but say things like "U buy now," which I found singularly frightening, but could just be a foreign thing.
I have no idea what they are talking about I use my Google maps navigation and Poweramp (android music playing app) together all the time. Wow 330 is way cheaper than what I payed haha, I didn't order from there though.

MurzzZ

Nov 9, 2011
I just used a program called z4root. Blankers and I talk about it earlier in the thread

What version of z4root you used? I tried this program, but it can only give me temporary root.

Last edited:

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
I think this thread has become the official DM7022 help board in English. :) Some other in Russian, but it deviated on the DM7033.

Having some problem with my GPS antenna. When I plug it in the headunit, it will work for a moment, then nothing. I think it's the antenna itself. Starting to be a bit cold to work on the car over here.

When testing my new 32Gb micro SD card, it slipped between the case and the insert. Had to open the pad to get it back. 4 screws at the back, then push in the screw holes with a small pin. Do not pry as the display is glass and also the protective membrane can peel off. Ribbon cable are not that long so be careful when opening. Ribbon cables are at the bottom where the "pad to headunit" connectors are. Operation was successful.

Other than that, everything works well. Hope 2.3 will come and improve responsiveness of the pad.

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
This is what they reply me:-

---------------------------------------------
This is Denny from SZ Winmark Electronic Company and glad to contact with you.

For Android 2.3 and Android 2.1, they are different solution, so Android 2.1 can not upgrade to Android 2.3 by software.

For this situation, you can buy a DM7033 Android 2.3 for a try, The response speed of Android 2.3 is much fast than Ancroid 2.1
DM7022 CPU is only 750GHz and RAM is only 256MB

DM7033 is US$127

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
This is what they reply me:-

---------------------------------------------
This is Denny from SZ Winmark Electronic Company and glad to contact with you.

For Android 2.3 and Android 2.1, they are different solution, so Android 2.1 can not upgrade to Android 2.3 by software.

For this situation, you can buy a DM7033 Android 2.3 for a try, The response speed of Android 2.3 is much fast than Ancroid 2.1
DM7022 CPU is only 750GHz and RAM is only 256MB

DM7033 is US$127
wait 750ghz! ;) where can you get the dm7033 for 127 and what is the new cpu speed?

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
hey guys, the erisin.com website is down but they have couple other one which is the exact same company. they informed me mid december release of 2.3 android. i checked the spec for dm7033 and 7022 which looked exactly the same besides the 30mhz extra speed and android 2.3. i have a feeling that they are loosing support for the dm7022 since i was told they are working on new android product release. also seem like their company is currently looking for experienced android developers for the software so the dm7022 might stay at a halt. worse comes to worse, ill see if i can get a deal for the dm7033 if they cut support for the 7022

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
nevermind, seem the like spec for dm7033 is alot better, i might just ditch mine 7022 for the 7033
Google Android 2.3
CPU: Telechips 8803 1GHz
RAM: DDR3 512MB
ROM FLASH: 4GB
LCD: 800*480 HD Screen

Dec 4, 2011
Hello my friends, also purchased this CAR PAD and I am a little disappointed. Anyone can help telling how can I activate the Bluetooth on Android? Only with you via the radio ...
Thank you very much!

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
nevermind, seem the like spec for dm7033 is alot better, i might just ditch mine 7022 for the 7033
Google Android 2.3
CPU: Telechips 8803 1GHz
RAM: DDR3 512MB
ROM FLASH: 4GB
LCD: 800*480 HD Screen
Can you buy the DM7033 tablet only? Does it go in to the same head unit or do you have to reinstall that too?

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Can you buy the DM7033 tablet only? Does it go in to the same head unit or do you have to reinstall that too?

I'm sure it would.....but I doubt they will sell it separately when they will make more profit selling the complete unit......

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
I removed from /system/app all the apps I could find on the market (as they install somewhere else) and the useless one (as eoemarket.apk) to make more room for other things like busybox. Might also remove music.apk as i use another player. Can phone.apk be erased as it is not a phone?

Also permanently changed the DPI of the display with "LCD Resolution".

Erisin web site was back online yesterday. They even have the ES666A (DM7022) manuals and the GPS patch posted in here in there download section.

About that GPS thing, did someone managed to do any good with it?

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
I removed from /system/app all the apps I could find on the market (as they install somewhere else) and the useless one (as eoemarket.apk) to make more room for other things like busybox. Might also remove music.apk as i use another player. Can phone.apk be erased as it is not a phone?

Also permanently changed the DPI of the display with "LCD Resolution".

Erisin web site was back online yesterday. They even have the ES666A (DM7022) manuals and the GPS patch posted in here in there download section.

About that GPS thing, did someone managed to do any good with it?
I removed the phone.apk since I can't connect to anything with it in the US anyway. How did you change the DPI? I looked at those files they have and I don't think the GPS update is for ours it says to "insert the SD card with the files on it directly into the gps slot"

Where is the dm7033 on the erisin website?