trying to make a choice?? HELP

Lenabun

Aug 17, 2011
I fear - I am way out of my league as I read posts related to choice & purchase... in other words I need help!!!!

My personal ereader/tablet preference is as follows:

read ebooks and color pdf files
WIFI and/or 3g
lastest version of Android.
Expandable memory sdhc chip
Front and rear facing cameras
Ear phone & microphone Jacks
oh, why not, GPS?

Is there anything more important that I left out?

Any suggestions about Model/make
AND
I am leaning towards Samsung & was pleased to find the ban on Sales lifted in Europe, as I will be in Madrid, Tenerfie, Barcelona.. can anyone suggest a good place to purchase?

HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU. Thanks in advance!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Lenabun, welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Discussions section where I think you'll get more views and responses to your questions.

Lenabun

Aug 17, 2011
thanks so much, just read the reviews and comparisons and it looks like not only great value, but great performance.
Hope it is available in Spain!

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
You need to understand how you will use the device to know what features are "missing". Some good things to consider might be HDMI i/f, bluetooth, full size USB, USB hosting...

Lenabun

Aug 17, 2011
You need to understand how you will use the device to know what features are "missing". Some good things to consider might be HDMI i/f, bluetooth, full size USB, USB hosting...

hmmmm, my list is short
portability for vacationing (to have books to read, video calling, IM, SMS)
for color reference books in pdf format
and occasional Couch potato surfing when husband is watching the news!

Bluetooth I understand .. great suggestion.
had to look up what a "full size" USB was. OMG there was even one that could fold to put in your pocket!

I think HDMI is way way out of my league!!! Never imagined the tab could be so productive!

I remain in awe with hopes of learning more.
But I think I need to go back to my original thoughts and that is to buy a reader with wifi and front back camera in order to get off the ground.

again thanks for the input.