Dec 28, 2010
i bought my daughter a tablet computer
specs:
Model number - zt180
Firmware version - android2.1-update1-20101030
Kernal version - 2.6.32.9 usbandroid#1608
Build number - zt180-eng 2.1-update 20101030
it's the 10" model

i would like to update it so she can play flash games etc. now i have found this link for an update - 10 - will this firmware work on this tablet? if not which one should i go for?
thanks in advance,

mortus

mortus

Dec 28, 2010
thanks for the reply, i did some checking and found out that i don't have 512mb of ram i only have 256mb so i will download the other one - 10 - edition NO.20110324

thanks again

mortus

mortus

Dec 28, 2010
ok so i have a bit of a problem,
i downloaded the firmware from zenithink the 256mb / 2gb / 2.2 android / version 20110324

i then tried to flash my unit with the micro sd card - i put all the files into a folder named "zt-update" but it didn't work. so after a bit more reading on various forums i have found out that i might not be able to flash directly from the micro sd card as i'm currently running 2.1 android version 20101030.
so i manged to get hold of the burntool programme and installed it, plugged in my zt180 and installed the usb driver. then started the burntool programme and i got the green box, the next bit is where i have the trouble.
when i go to change the settings i don't seem to have a 'u-boot.img' file in the firmware i downloaded. here is a list of the files i have:

boot.logo
system.pack
userdata.pack
zimage
zimage_1024x576
zimage_1024x600
zt_bx (this is showing as a 'shockwave flash object' which i presume means it's a .spl file)

will i need to flash to a different firmware first in order to be able to flash my zt180 to the 2.2 android firmware that i want?
please help,

mortus

Last edited:

Herkfrog

May 16, 2011
I think (but never having used burn tool i am not sure) that if you can get burn tool to flash the spl file and the boot file then you can use the sdcard to flash any firmware you want to. You might try reading this

Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki

if you have not already it may help

mortus

Dec 28, 2010
thanks again for the reply, i have been on the link you provided and read it all. i tried to use the burntool software i set all the files ready to go even borrowing a zt_bx.boot file from elsewhere and all i get is "download uboot" i am at a complete loss at to what to do???????
i even opened up the zt180 just to be on the safe side and i have a ruby V1.4 board (green) inside

can anyone help???

mortus

Herkfrog

May 16, 2011
You might try asking that question on this forum

ZT-180 - SlateDroid.com

there don't seem to be many 180 users here but there are a lot there and a few that i know for sure know how to use burn tool. You will need to give them as much info as you can and i bet they will help