Trying Velocity Micro

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
New to this forum, but I have been posting at the Coby Kyros forum. My Kyros 7127 died last night. I was fortunate that it was still returnable (purchased in November). This was the fourth Kyros, and I figured it was time to move on. After much research, I chose the Velocity Micro PS47 over the lenovo A1, due to the many negative comments about the A1 on Amazon and other sites. Any info, help, etc. would be appreciated.

I did notice in the user manual the claim that Android Market wont work on this tablet. I was able to load it on my Kyros (also 2.3) with no problem. Is this going to be a problem with the PS47? I hope not. Can't wait for the delivery. These things become addictive, and I am having withdrawal symptoms that are not being satisfied by my iPhone.

Will be back once I get the new toy. :)

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
The Velocity Micro PS47 turned out to be less than ideal. Market would not run. It installed, but wouldn't let me download any apps. Even worse, some of the apps that I find indispensable (RoboForm) would not run on this tablet. This one was returned, and I now have a Lenovo IdeaPad A1. So far it seems to be close to perfect (although there are some glitches and design flaws. What else is new?) Unfortunately AndroidTablets.net does not recognize that Lenovo has moved in a new direction with their product, so Lenovo is treated as an unwanted step-child. This forum (Coby) is super. That one is a waste of time.