Turn Nook Tablet into Android tablet WITHOUT voiding warranty?

Jan 1, 2012
JP,
Thanks, using my Nook as an "adapter" for my SD card worked! So I guess maybe my adapter got messed up somehow?! I got the zip folder copied to the SDcard, but at the end a box popped up. It said "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-volume set and click Ok to continue." Obviously, clicking Ok would just pop this box up again, so I clicked cancel. I ejected the nook and powered it back on, hoping it would do its thing anyway. Nope, I still have 1.4.1. I got the zip folder from the XDA site. Do you think somehow I didn't get all of it? Or that the file the link took me to isn't complete? I feel so close to getting this done, just this little problem!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It sounds like the disk is still not showing its full size and allowing the file to be copied over. So even though the Nook might be showing 32GB the 115MB shown by the computer is more likely what the sd card is formatted to. The file size of the zip file is more than likely larger than the 115MB so it can't copy over without running out of space. You either need to get the SD card formatted back to full size or get a new sd card. You can try to format in the pc again and see if you get the 32GB back then put the sd in the Nook, connect via usb an copy the file over again. You might also want to try a partition manager like easus to repartion the disk back to full size before formatting. If that still doesn't work definitely time for a new SD card.

Jan 1, 2012
$SDcard - EASEUS PM.pngHere is what I get in my EASUS PM. I had used this program once before(on one of my many trials). What should I try to do with it? I still have the acclaim_update zip file on it. Should I partition it, or rebuild it? When I went to partion, it said: unallocated space before = 7.8MB; partion size = 30527.2MB; unallocated space after = MB.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Something strange there. See how it says file system "Unallocated" and "Logical" for type? It shouldn't say that. You want it to be "Primary" and should try to format it to "FAT32". Try the format option in the partition manager and see if it gives you these as options for the type of format you want.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
i think its the size of your sd card thats causing the problem. if you have a a smaller sd card like 2gig one install the acclaim update with that one. Also, the type of sd card is a factor. i think he used a pny card

Jan 1, 2012
Ok, I fixed one problem... I went back and looked at my previous versions and it wasn't the full 266075KB. I got the right size this time. (I guess the internet was kicking me off before complete download the other times.) However, I tried following your instructions again, and it bypasses the SD card boot, and boots normally...?!? The only difference I can see now, is that when I clicked save as, I just left the default name (it didn't have the .zip on the end). Is it actually necessary to add the .zip before it starts to download to my computer?

skilla

Jan 30, 2012
sometimes, you need to try several microsd for it to work. I bought 2 pcs 2gb microSD. 1 HCSD and 1 non-HCSD.....

the non-HCSD worked.