[Tutorial] All-in-One Guide to the CMP741e: Rooting, Recovering, Backups, and ROMs

acem77

Sep 18, 2013
is it normal for the gyro not to work, i read the camera has a known issue with drivers.
running 9-20120913-unofficial-907

wfg97079

Jan 14, 2013
I never did update and my sone has been using the original 10.1 posted for this tablet. Any developments on how I can use external sd ?
ugers' new build looks like a sync with the latest CM10.1 code. Biggest difference I've seen is that there is now an integrated superuser manager, accessed through the settings menu.

There are a few apps out there that script swapping sdcard and sdext or employ tricks to allow simultaneous use. I'm not sure which of these would and wouldn't work, and most seem to be developed for samsung devices only. If you don't mind the 2gb internal going "unused" you could also potentially edit /system/etc/vold.stab and swap them yourself permanently. I suppose there's the potential to repartition the internal memory to combine the internal data partition with the internal sdcard partition, gaining an internal 3gb plus your real sdcard.

spock1104

Feb 9, 2013
I'm not dead yet! I've added the 3.0.62 compatibility back, and also added a compatibility for the 3.0.76. The new versions seem slightly faster but MUCH more stable. Still no camera, just haven't had the time. If anyone else is interested in trying, CarbonROM seems to come with many precompiled drivers including the gc0329 driver.

sunfire

Jan 2, 2014
3.0.76 Kernel
Needs my cmp741e_3_0_76_compatibility_1.zip - 709.48 KB
79bass CarbonROM - Tested, hardware video possibly working?

I downloaded CARBON-JB-UNOFFICIAL-20130619-1010-907.zip from the CarbonROM link. Used CWM to install the ROM first then the above compatibility zip. The ROM boots but the touch screen doesn't work. I have the same hardware as the OP (GT811 July 2012).

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. I was able to install the following Urgers ROM with the compatibility zip without issues. So I'm not sure why the same procedure doesn't work for the CarbonROM.

3.0.76 Kernel
Ugers CM10.1 - Tested, no menu crash!

Last edited:

PlayingMantis

Jan 14, 2014
I'm not dead yet! I've added the 3.0.62 compatibility back, and also added a compatibility for the 3.0.76. The new versions seem slightly faster but MUCH more stable. Still no camera, just haven't had the time. If anyone else is interested in trying, CarbonROM seems to come with many precompiled drivers including the gc0329 driver.

Is it possible/has anyone upgraded the internal SD card on the cmp741e with a larger and faster SDHC card? Would there be a problem with having a single partition that could be used for system and apps?

Does it have a socket on the motherboard or is it soldered? I'm also curious if there are any internal usb headers/contacts that a bluetooth module could be installed on)

I ask here because I wondered if the Cyanogen port could just be put on the new card before replacing (after backing up apps and data that I want to keep/move) and this is the most active thread.

What changes if any would need to be done so the system could address this larger card and or the bluetooth? I have seen mention of boot.img (something like that)

Thanks, hoping to update my Craig soon

c19932

Jan 16, 2013
I'm also looking for the compatibility zip for. 76 gt811. Is there any chance you could re-upload that please?

jeffwifey

Dec 7, 2014
I let my 5 year play with my tablet and somehow he locked it with a code I have no clue what it is bc was a pattern now its locked and can't get it do yu know how I can factory reset it or someone who I can take it to please help me its a model CMP741e please help need to do my school work

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

at0msk313

Jan 12, 2015
Would anyone happen to have any of the files from the links in the OP? Most of them are dead...