tv goggles?

emoffit

Apr 17, 2011
I've got the galaxy tab 7 inch. I'm trying to figure out how to set the tv out setting, so that I can watch videos with my tv glasses. with my 30 GB Zune, there's a setting for the tv out, but I can't figure it out with my tab. Does anyone know how to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Are you using video out using HDMI or composite cables? Also, excuse my ignorance but what are tv glasses??

emoffit

Apr 17, 2011
The goggles plug into the headphone jack, and have little screens where lenses would be on regular glasses. The image comes through the headphone jack. They work fine on my Zune, but there is a setting under display for tv out. Turn it on, and the picture is sent to the goggles, turn it off and the picture is displayed on the screen of the Zune.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum

chemsolder

Apr 30, 2011
Cool idea but I think the jacks on all the tabs only support audio. If you look at the jack for your glasses they will have an extra "section" for the video. Keep trying though and let us all know because that would be really awesome if we could use those.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
If your tv goggles have video/audio input jacks then if you purchase the Samsung composite audio/video output accessory cables (they plug into the dock connector on the tab) then video will play through the goggles (and also will play on the tab screen). The goggles will mirror whatever is playing on the tab screen.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Or you could buy a RCA to 3.5mm converter plug and use it for the output on the tab.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Or you could buy a RCA to 3.5mm converter plug and use it for the output on the tab.

I believe that would only give the OP audio. He wants audio and video and that would necessitate use of the A/V cable adaptor using the dock connector. Unless I'm missing something...

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
They (they being companies that manufacture) make cables exactly like a headphone jack on one end and three rca plugs on the other end specifically for cameras and such.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum