Twitter Bomb Google to get the Android Marketplace for all Android devices.

cleft5

Jun 10, 2011
Okay guys, so I have an Android device like most people here. But my tablet is the Coby Kyros 7015A and it does not have the Android Marketplace. You cannot natively download the Android Marketplace either, you have to root your tablet. Well some of us do the root thing and still can't download stuff for whatever reason. In the interest of full disclosure, I am one of those people. I was just thinking that this whole situation is pure bull****, pardon my language but it's upsetting. I have an Android device that I paid over a $150 for yet Google refuse to let me get on there ANDROID MARKETPLACE.

Apparently, my Android device isn't good enough for Google. So there is no way they are going to let us on there free ANDROID Marketplace to download and buy ANDROID apps. Again that is simply bull****. If I own an Apple device with the appropriate interface, I can assure I would have access to there App store no matter what the device, if I am wrong than they suck too.

This is going to continue happening until ANDROID users join up and make Google notice how wrong they are for doing this. I don't care if they have a "closed" network, if I pay over a $150 for an Android device I have paid for the right to access the Android Marketplace. So people join me and lets *Twitter Bomb the hell out of Google until they address the issue. I attend to Twitter Google everyday about this issue, please join me. The message is this: "Please Bring the Android Marketplace to all Android device, including all Android Tablets". This is the Google twitter account and its really there only customer service method Twitter. Lets be respectful guys and get our point across with class.

We paid a lot of money for these Android devices, its only right that the ANDROID Marketplace works natively on them.

*For those of you who don't know what Twitter Bombing is, it's when you send a company a message via Twitter to get them to notice an issue. It works by having a massive amount of people do this everyday and eventually the company gets tired of seeing the Twitters or looks at what the twitters are saying and they say or do something about the issue. This isn't like a DDOS attack that hurts the system, company, servers or anything like that. This is a form of actual protest. Before the internet people would start a letter writing campaign where tons of people wrote letters to a company and eventually enough letters got sent that it annoys the company or calls there attention to an issue they overlooked and action is taken. Twitter Bombing is essentially the modern version of the letter writing campaign.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Nice try but it's not going to work the way you want it too.

First off, Android OS is an open source, freely available OS. So you haven't paid Google anything for your device. Secondly, Android Market, along with their other services, are not open source, they're propritary. Since you haven't paid for these services, they have every right to deny you access, even if it does shorten their customer base.

As for your device not being good enough for Google. Well, again, that's their decision to make. Google like to promote a certain image, and they don't want it sullied by cheap, half-funtional devices made by manufactuers who care more about profit than quality. From some of the other device forums, it seems there are certain things that Android Market and other services rely on that aren't always implimented by the manufactuers of low-end devices.

I'm pretty sure no one in the ghettos are twitter-bombing Louie Viton for not promoting their handbags to be sold in convience stores. If you really want to change this, you need to alter your approach... You want to twitter bomb Google, fine, but I would suggest you rally folks around the idea of getting Google to impliment the ability to purchase the market. Either a one-time/annual access fee that allows you to purchase and download the market to your tablet, or a monthly subscription fee. And if you think that's unreasonable (personally, I'd pay it for my tab) then stick the other markets. OR.....
The other idea is to take your twitter bombs to the manufactuers... tell them that the least you expect from them is to have access to the Android Market place, and that if they aren't going to step up their game, then you're going to take your business elsewhere.

In the end, it comes down to getting what you pay for. If you don't like what you got, pay more.

Oh, and having said all that... yes, I am in a similar boat. I have a Sylvania EX7 that I got a CVS for $100 cause it literally is the only thing I can afford right now. And yes, I've had to hack it for Google market and even then, it's not fully functional. So I do understand your point of view, I just think you'd get better results if you went after the real problem, the cheap manufactuers.

cleft5

Jun 10, 2011
I completely understand where you are coming from but that doesn't make Google's stance acceptable. But that's okay because I found a work around and I can now use the android marketplace. Still Google's stance is unacceptable so I will continue my efforts to protest there actions. You tell me how pointless my efforts are all you want but I will keep trying.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum