Two questions: FACEBOOK for ICS and best BROWSER?

Gretchen333

Jun 28, 2012
Has anyone been able to find a Facebook app for ICS?

Also, what do you recommend for your internet browser? I've been using Dolphin, but it seems painfully slow. Not sure if it is the browser or just the tablet. I've never had a tablet before, so I'm new to this.

FYI - I've got a rooted Coby Kyros 9742-8.

THANK YOU!! :cool:

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
If you'd like, I can send you the facebook apk.

Also, I've got Google, Dolphin HD, and Roboform browsers installed at this point. There doesn't seem to be any appreciable difference in speed between the three. I need Roboform. I like dolphin for the features. Google may lose out.

Rob

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Facebook: I use Tinfoil
Browser: ICS Browser+

All free from google play

Gretchen333

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks so much, both of you! Kingsman, that would be WONDERFUL!! Can you email it to me at Gretchen 333 at gmail dot com please? THANK YOU!!!!

Perhaps I have something wacky in my settings? My Google Play store does not show anything for tinfoil or Browser+ (or firefox, or facebook...) ??

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
- Go to setting - application - all - google play store (clear cache, clear data and force stop)
- Reboot your phone/tab.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danvelazco.fbwrapper

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iZWFuc29mdC5icm93c2VycGx1cyJd

EDIT 1: Latest Google Play for your update.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/showthread.php?p=221082

EDIT 2: If you have cwm recovery. Boot to recovery. Go to advance: Clear dalvik cache and fix permission. It help to solve and Google Play Store error.

Last edited:

Gretchen333

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks Astrix! I tried what you recommended, but I still don't have these apps in my google play store. Can't for the life of me figure out how to get them.... gah!

And in other news, this thing is still sooooooo slow! I tried downloading Opera, but it's not any better. It's so slow that I'd rather not use it. My phone (HTC Sensation) is worlds faster. I'm regretting this purchase.... :(

Gretchen333

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks! I've tried both Amazon and Mobil1 app stores. They still do not give me these apps (Facebook, firefox, etc...). There must be something in the Steev ROM that I used that is telling them that my tablet is not compatible. I don't know how to fix it. Honestly, if the darn thing wasn't soooooo slow I wouldn't mind just using the web version of Facebook, but it takes way too long to load a page. If I can't figure a way to speed this thing up, it might be on ebay soon. :(

Gretchen333

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks! Unfortunately, when I follow the link on AppBrain it takes me to the Google Play store which tells me it isn't compatible with my device. And of course browsing is so slow that it took me about 2 minutes to figure this out. :(

*Banging head against desk*