[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
sadly that's way above me lol, i'm just making info vids and helping everyone i can along the way

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
there's alot of good stuff over here though if your looking for something different!
KYROS TABLET ZONE - KTZ

Also, there's a new recovery in town! KTZ Recovery!!

Last edited by a moderator:

trinity52607

Feb 12, 2012
I'm trying to root/backup and the first problem i'm facing is that my laptop won't recognize my device when debugging is on. I've tried downloading the google usb driver from the android sdk program but it's not working. Any advice?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
Fix your Driver Issues!!!

So after hearing all the issues people have been having getting drivers working I decided to delete all my cellphone/tablet drivers i've accumulated over the life of my laptop and also delete and re-install android sdk.

After doing so, I plug my 7127 in and try to use adb and fastboot commands to no avail...

I downloaded the Motorola drivers i've been hearing about and WALLA! Everything is working...

Moto Drivers: Motorola 5.4.0 Driver with MotoHelper*

page 1, post #3

blackheart68

Feb 19, 2012
i have had complete sucess with your vids on installing the market,and rooting my 7127...however,mistakenly the entire file system on the 4gb internal card was deleted,i reset the device to factory...it boots fine,and all but theres a couple things look wrong.
1st the super user icon is still there,but the market is gone.
2nd it looks like at least one full row of icons are missing on both the menu and home screens.
my questions are...can i re-install the market steps and get it back?
or do i need to un-root,or un-install the superuser ???
i have also realized that the backup i made was lost too,so how can i recover and get everything back?
a few icons missing are the you tube link,and another is the Emusic link,if that helps.
thank you for any help you can give me.

blackheart68

Feb 19, 2012
yes,the backups were on my sd card,it to was lost...formatted by accident.
however since my post i have "played" and re-traced your installation of the market and got it back,along with superuser status.
i did however have a problem of it not allowing me to launch normally on startup.
it wanted to go to the superuser hand and signin,which had been done already and it wouldnt go any further at first.
then after a couple attempts to re-boot it came on.
it seemed normal except the missing icons of emusic and the you tube one,which arent a big deal.
however i have an issue with the slider lock.....it isnt there,it never appears even after the set delay time.
it comes on at normal speed,and goes straight to Home,the getjar icon highlighted.
no slidelock...
any ideas?
can i re-load the entire sytem from someone elses factory backup?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
the only way i can think of to get back to stock would be to use superoneclick to un-root, then do a factory reset.

always keep at least one backup saved on your comp for this reason. (I have a stock non-rooted backup as well as a stock rooted backup saved on my comp)

BOOSTED_TA

Jan 10, 2012
I finaly got my tablet rooted, it was very easy using SOC. I then found a fast Rom with ICS theme from KTZ.

Kryos 8127
Rooted SOC Method
Rom KTZ-BULLDOG DEMON 570HD

BOOSTED_TA

Jan 10, 2012
Thanks to KWA I found the ktz forum and as of now they are the only ones who offer a Rom for the 8127. Also you mentioned to me in a PM that you would post up a video about installing there market 3.4.4. I have tried looking at installing that market from ktz with no luck.

Kryos 8127
Rooted SOC Method
Rom KTZ-BULLDOG DEMON 570HD

mister_hyde

Dec 24, 2011
Will 8125, 8127 and 7127 ROM's work on 7125's??? looking to experiment on one of my son's Kyros (both have one).

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes they should work just fine, just don't flash the boot.img but the rom eg system is the same.

Last edited: