[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

rose0529

Feb 25, 2012
Hello, I just picked up my 7127 today, and I got the android market up and running from your video. Thanks!!

I do have a couple questions though. I noticed in your review video you have go launcher up and running, when I find it in the market it doesn't let me download it, says my device is incompatible. Is there a way around this? I have it on my phone and really like it. Same goes for the Google Maps app, Facebook, and youtube. Are they apps that become available after I root the tablet?

Thanks for your help.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
well if u could not download the go launcher from market there is always a 2nd option. get it from other source.just type "go launcher ex download" at google or yahoo.

rose0529

Feb 25, 2012
well if u could not download the go launcher from market there is always a 2nd option. get it from other source.just type "go launcher ex download" at google or yahoo.

Good call, thanks..

I got the rest of the .apk files i wanted off my phone and installed them on the tablet.

rednkgrl

Dec 28, 2011
hi all, I've had my 7127 for a couple months now, and I have a few questions.

1. I have a 16 g card in it and I keep getting a message low memory. The 16 g are not showing up. Why is this and how can I fix it?
2. Market is now Google Play. How can I update it?
I am no expert on this os system, I really dont understand alot of what is said on here, so simple explanations work great!:) I really only use the tablet for my daughter(she loves the games, reading and movies) and I want to make the experience smooth for her. Thanks for any help with this!

rednkgrl

Dec 28, 2011
Also, I think I did root it, how can I check that? Like I said, I'm a real newbie at the android system:)

bunchacats

Apr 4, 2012
Thanks to your most excellent videos, I've rooted my 7127, installed clockworkmod and backed up my coby. Now I want to install link2sd, as with only a few apps installed I've begun getting low memory messages. This is for my young daughter and we'll definitely want to install more apps. When I try to download the app, it tells me that by device is not supported. I was following directions found on this site (not yours) and I also see that one of the files is blocked by this Megaupload mess. Have you played around with this recently? I need help desperately or this tablet is just a waste of money for us. Also, I tried to follow the "remove the bloat" instructions, and the site says only administrators can view it. Any ideas there? Thanks from a total noob at this. :)

Elite

May 11, 2012
Any idea how to do the following with an 8127 (which is the same as the 7127, but has a bigger screen) AND the official Coby Android 4.0.3 update:

- Rooting
Superoneclick (zergRush etc) is not possible with Android 4 devices.

- Installing CWM or similar
Without root it seems not possible to install the CWM.
Not with fastboot (fastboot flash recovery) aswell not with update.zip in /sdcard /sdcard/flash /sdcard/tflash /tflash /flash (The SD card is mounted to /flash in the 4.0.3 version)

- Installing GAPPS
Not possible at all without root and CWM...

Any ideas?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
Wait, so you have ICS on your 8127 right now? I just looked on CobyUSA and didn't see anything about an official update.

Elite

May 11, 2012
Wait, so you have ICS on your 8127 right now? I just looked on CobyUSA and didn't see anything about an official update.

PLEASE before you update, i need your build properties! I am currently try to get the update out of the FOTA server to place it here.
To do this i need the latest pre 4.0.3 build properties (especially ro.build.fingerprint).

AFTER you give this information to me, you can go and update :) . But be warned, 4.0.3 does not allow rooting in the way you described it here...

See the other thread from me for the official update URL.

$IMG_20120511_071522.jpg

Morely

Nov 9, 2011
Just one quick question: Does Tango video chat work on the Coby MID7127 or not? That's the specific app I want to use, and if not, then I'll have to rethink which tablet I need before I buy a third one (so far I've had two that won't work. This time I'm doing the research *before* I spend the money!).

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
PLEASE before you update, i need your build properties! I am currently try to get the update out of the FOTA server to place it here.
To do this i need the latest pre 4.0.3 build properties (especially ro.build.fingerprint).

AFTER you give this information to me, you can go and update :) . But be warned, 4.0.3 does not allow rooting in the way you described it here...

See the other thread from me for the official update URL.

View attachment 6483

The German Coby website has a link to upgrade the 7022, 8127, 8128, 1125 and 1126 to ICS 4.0.3. Note that although the install is in German, once you are running ICS you can change the default language, and US English is supported. See my other posts in the Coby Generation 2 area.

View attachment 6586

Last edited: