[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

phurchuluh

Feb 12, 2012
has any one got this on a 7127 though?
I tried to upgrade my 7127.
I successfully installed 4.0.3 version on my 7127, but since it was not listed in German's upgrade, I picked 8127 which has 8" diagonal display. As a result I could see entire screen, but touch function was stretched out of my 7" screen. Buttons gradually got shifted up, and last couple of lines were not accessible unless you rotate device 180 degrees. Then top lines become unacceptable. :(
I had to remove 4.0.3 form my 7127.
I am stubborn :)
Next time I selected 7022 during installation. Even worse. Touch function got disabled completely. :(
Reverted back to original system.

shadow79

Aug 15, 2012
I also did the same thing as user above but never backed up stock rom. Is the a fix for a mid7127 screen issues running 4.0.3 if not does someone have a stock rom or custom one that will work for a mid7127

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
Sorry to bring up a newb problem, but I've successfully rooted my 7127 for a couple months now, per the great videos by Kwa here (thanks!). But I definitely don't have full access to the Market (google play), as ROM Toolbox does not even show up. Problem seems to be... when I use LCD Density to change to 160, it never restarts the tablet no matter which option I choose. I've tried manually turning off my tablet, then back on... no results (btw, how do I definitely know my resolution is at 160?. I've also tried the other app, LCD Resolution, and that requires I have BusyBox... I downloaded BusyBox installer... and that doesn't do anything as well.
Add on top of all this.... I've also cleared the date for Market by going through settings-apps-manage apps, etc., and I think I've done this with one of the google files.

Are there any recent updates on how I can gain full access to google play?
If it helps... SuperUser is installed, and I also d/l All-in-one toolbox which has some really nifty tools such as apps2sd.