[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
Shakes I figured out you're problem, you need an actual SD card for this to work, you can still put it in the tflash but without an SD card it, won't find the update and just abort. I just ran into the problem and inserted an SD and it worked fine. Kwa you might want to note this in an annotation in your YouTube video.

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
Shakes I figured out you're problem, you need an actual SD card for this to work, you can still put it in the tflash but without an SD card it, won't find the update and just abort. I just ran into the problem and inserted an SD and it worked fine. Kwa you might want to note this in an annotation in your YouTube video.

will do! thanks for the tip!

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
No problem, I have a suggestion for a video you can make. You can make a video showing people how to delete Telephony.apk and Phone.apk app with a root file explorer to save battery life.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
do we need to download anything besides superoneclick to root? i read somewhere that you need drivers for superoneclick to work on the 7022.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
ok i tried it and it says no drivers installed should i let it "forcefully install drivers" i have rooted android devices before but those have had alot more info then these tablets.

Brieezy

Dec 25, 2011
Thank you so much for these videos! I'm new to this whole Android tablet thing, so please bear with me. I've looked through several other threads and still have a couple questions.

Do you have to root to use your instructions to download Android Market?
And this should work seamlessly on 8127, right?

Thank you again.

zskoz3

Dec 25, 2011
Kwa,
I installed the market, then rooted and adjusted my resolution to 160 but still cannot install Pandora or Google Books apps. Both say they are not compatible with my device. Any ideas?

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Try and leave the tablet off for a little while after you clear the data. Mine did the same thing until i left it alone for a while.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

zskoz3

Dec 25, 2011
The second clear and reset fixed it, thanks! The only other thing I would note is that for the LCD Resolution app to work it said I had to install BusyBox. I downloaded that app and then was able to change my resolution. Thanks for all your help in making this so easy...that GetJar store was total garbage.

rpods

Dec 26, 2011
Great instructions! This is my first time rooting and you made it quite simple. I have a couple of questions that maybe you have the answers to. In this order I installed the market. Then I could not DL netflix so I opted to root. After rooting the coby seemed lightning fast. I then needed to install LCD density but I install LCD resolution. LCD resolution required Busy Box. After I installed busy box the machine got VERY slow. I never tried to view netflix prior to install ing busy box but there is such a huge video lag that it is unwatchable. I checked running applications and it shows 274 MB ram free (can you tell me what your says). I thought this unit has a 1 gig processor? Does that seem a little low? I have since uninstalled busy box first using it own uninstaller but it took forever and seemed to just do some same thing over and over. I then used the market to uninstall it and it seemed to work. I then removed LCD resolution using the same method. I went in and got LCD density and installed it but It doesnt seem to be working. It does not do anything after I select resolution and apply (restart) besides tell me that LCD has been granted superuser permission. It is still very slow. 1. Is netflix even an option on this tablet 2. Should I (is there) a way to just start over. It's my sons tablet and everything on it is easily replaceable. NOTE: I did not use an external SD card as I couldn't seem to find the files I put on the card after I installed it in the tablet. Sorry I am so long winded but I have done alot of research and figured you would want details if you were to help. It's a great thing you are doing and I think alot of people are very grateful. Thanks again