[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

domainbeast36

Dec 25, 2011
I bought two of these for my kids. I followed the video i installed the market everything great!! I did the root great!!! but the market force closes alot now. Granted I am happy that we have full access to the market, but is this a glitch, is there anything i can do to fix it. Again great videos..I and my kids thank you..because getjar was horrible!

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Have you tried clearing the data on the market and rebooting?

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
Thanks so much for the videos The Kwa. However, I am stuck at trying to root... without knowing the administrator password after right clicking SuperOneClick.exe.

First timer rooting anything, so bear with me.... Here are the steps I took as per your video.
- I already clicked on USB debugging.
- When I connected my 7127 to my pc via usb-cable, it attempted to search for drivers which I don't recall your vid showed this. Could this be the problem?
- I d/l superoneclick v2.3.2 (I noticed you also had a link to 2.3.1??), and then when I right click and try to run it as administrator, I can't go any further because I don't have the password.

Help! Thanks in advance.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
He already had the drivers installed. The newest version of SOC will "forcefully install" the drivers you need.

Have tried just double clicking SOC? I havnt seen anything that says you cant.

Now i have a question for the people that dont want to flash clock work mod manuly can you do it through Rom Manager? Im going to work so i cant try it.

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
He already had the drivers installed. The newest version of SOC will "forcefully install" the drivers you need.

Have tried just double clicking SOC? I havnt seen anything that says you cant.

Ok, I rebooted my pc to start fresh, just plain double clicked SOC 2.3.2 and it prompted me to force install the drivers.... clicked ok, then I got the error msg: "Signature not present". Any suggestions?

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Usb debugging on? Everything plugged in? If so you might have to run it as administrator.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

rpods

Dec 26, 2011
Does anybidy know if it can be restored back to factory after it has been rooted. I rooted mine and it seems to work ok but a little slow. I added some stuff as noted in a prior post that I really don't need. I think I was supposed to use an SD card but I didn't. So I want a do over! Any thoughts?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
as long as you didnt add/delete apps to the system/apps folder, you can factory reset and keep root access.

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
to the people having problems with SOC, do you by chance have droid explorer installed?

rpods

Dec 26, 2011
as long as you didnt add/delete apps to the system/apps folder, you can factory reset and keep root access.
I accidentaly downloaded busy box and it seemed to install a bunch of stuff I didn't need. The uninstall locked up so I used the market to uninstall. It seems to be working ok now but i am worried that busy box loaded the internal memory down. I didn't didn't load anything on the SD card like you recomended. My next step is going to be clockwork based on your recomendations. Do think I should reset or just leave it and move on to clockwork?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
i'd go ahead and install CWM, make a back-up (for the just incase moments) and then do a factory reset. i've also found that switching launchers (launcher pro or go launcher speed things up alot)

lastly, i just flashed a clean up from CWM recovery that deleted ALL BLOAT. I'll have a link to that on the first page here in a min.

mister_hyde

Dec 24, 2011
Confirmed to work on 7125. But, i'm getting the screen coming on for a few seconds, and then back off. This is when I have the tablet screen off. Its doing it faster than when I had previous methods of Market. This is the first time i've rooted though.

And, can't figure out how to find telephony.apk and phone.apk. I see removing them is a good way to help battery?

Last edited:

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
you'll need root explorer to find them in system/apps... i'd make a CWM backup before deleting them just to be safe.

also, check out my second post on the first page. added a way to get rid of loads of bloat. again, CWM backup before attempting.

rpods

Dec 26, 2011
i'd go ahead and install CWM, make a back-up (for the just incase moments) and then do a factory reset. i've also found that switching launchers (launcher pro or go launcher speed things up alot)

lastly, i just flashed a clean up from CWM recovery that deleted ALL BLOAT. I'll have a link to that on the first page here in a min.

Thanks a million! I'll work on it tonight and report back

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I am having trouble installing super one click hase anyone tried installing the superuser apk to root? Everytime i try to download the soc i get a bunch of other junk with it