[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

dcteague

Dec 27, 2011
I have tried to root my daughters MID7127 using the superoneclick app, and I can get to the point where the first 2 lines of the root process appear but then it freezes. USB bugging is on, and I'm getting confirmation that the pad has been attached to the laptop I'm using. Any thoughts on what's causing the superoneclick to freeze?

Dec 27, 2011
What apps do u have? i really want that pandora one, and the kindle store, also u mentioned a voice skype that worked? ive tried to get them all and every app available says its not compatible with my device. im a total noob when it comes to tablets so i plan to play around with it for a bit still.

are there any special places you use to get apps or do you just use the android market?

And thanks a million! couldn't have asked for a better review or tutorials.

*Edit*
Also i have something on my battery called Cell Standby and it sayss its using 74% is there any way to change this?

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
I have tried to root my daughters MID7127 using the superoneclick app, and I can get to the point where the first 2 lines of the root process appear but then it freezes. USB bugging is on, and I'm getting confirmation that the pad has been attached to the laptop I'm using. Any thoughts on what's causing the superoneclick to freeze?

Any chance you are using windows xp? If so you need to download windows.net frame work.

Did you let it sit for a minute to see if it would resume or did the window have not responding on the top?

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

Dec 27, 2011
i already had LCD Resolution (root) installed but when i go to change the density it says it requires busy box to use the app.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
I cant get lcd density to work eather. It did at first but not now.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
If anyone is having trouble with lcd density try downloading busybox. Thats what me and another member had to do.

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
Usb debugging on? Everything plugged in? If so you might have to run it as administrator.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum
Well, this is still not working for me.
I'm running SOC as administrator, still can't get past the drivers installed as I get this error msg:

"Signature not present"

And when I try to root, it stops after the first 2 lines:

killing adb server....
starting adb server....

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
No idea on that one. Maybe do a factory reset on the tab and try to root first thing. You can try and get some help from the SOC thread on xda but they dont seem super helpfull at times.

dcteague

Dec 27, 2011
Any chance you are using windows xp? If so you need to download windows.net frame work.

Did you let it sit for a minute to see if it would resume or did the window have not responding on the top?

No, I'm in Vista

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
ive rooted the 7125 with ease :) installing clockworkmod is a major problem...cant seem to do it. ive studied the video posted here with the update.zip and stuff...but it doesnt work for me. as soon as i selected where the update file is, it reboots and then i get the "the device enter fastboot mode" message :/

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
I dont know if this will work but it should....
Download rom manager from the market. Once it installs open it then click download a rom. It will then say you dont have CWM and ask if you want to download it.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
i tried that...but it asks me to confirm my phone model :/ and my tablet, which isnt a phone, isnt supported it seems