[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
Well, this is still not working for me.
I'm running SOC as administrator, still can't get past the drivers installed as I get this error msg:

"Signature not present"

And when I try to root, it stops after the first 2 lines:

killing adb server....
starting adb server....

I am getting the same thing. Just received my 7127 today and before I did anything, I tried to root via the SuperOneClick v.2.3.2. The first time I tried it, the first two lines loaded down like yours and then it said that the program was not responding. Then I tried it again letting the laptop install drivers. Big mistake. Now when I try the superoneclick, it asks me if I want the drivers. If I say Yes, or if I say cancel, it stops again at the two lines. My laptop is running Vista.

UPDATE: OMG! It's 2 am in the morning and I got it to work. I just got SuperOneClick to work for me by updating the device driver: Android Composite ADB Interface. After connecting the 7127 to my laptop, I just went to the Device Drivers on my Control Panel, saw that there was an error on the Android device, asked it to find a driver from the internet. It found it and it was successfully installed. Then I went back to the latest SuperOneClick application file and installed it per KWA's video.

Last edited:

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
I have tried to root my daughters MID7127 using the superoneclick app, and I can get to the point where the first 2 lines of the root process appear but then it freezes. USB bugging is on, and I'm getting confirmation that the pad has been attached to the laptop I'm using. Any thoughts on what's causing the superoneclick to freeze?

Same thing for me. I wonder with the version update on Superoneclick if something is wrong.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Both of yall are running Vista any chance you know someone running win7 who's computer you can borrow?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
i tried that...but it asks me to confirm my phone model :/ and my tablet, which isnt a phone, isnt supported it seems

Is the cwm zip on the root of your SD card? Make sure its on the tflash folder. Have you tried another SD card?

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Is the cwm zip on the root of your SD card? Make sure its on the tflash folder. Have you tried another SD card?

cwm.zip??? whats that? lol

i have an update.zip file in the tflash folder, but when i select update from sdcard...i get a "the device enter fastboot mode. please connect usb to pc or reset the device. waiting................"

Last edited:

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
Do you still have USB debugging on?

If this is to me and DCTeague - yes, the Debugging is still on. I have tried all the versions. Even the 2.2 version which McAfee said contained a Trojan.

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
Well, this is still not working for me.
I'm running SOC as administrator, still can't get past the drivers installed as I get this error msg:

"Signature not present"

And when I try to root, it stops after the first 2 lines:

killing adb server....
starting adb server....

UPDATE: OMG! It's 2 am in the morning and I got it to work. I just got SuperOneClick to work for me by updating the device driver: Android Composite ADB Interface. After connecting the 7127 to my laptop, I just went to the Device Drivers on my Control Panel, saw that there was an error on the Android device, asked it to find a driver from the internet. It found it and it was successfully installed. Then I went back to the latest SuperOneClick application file and installed it per KWA's video.

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
I have tried to root my daughters MID7127 using the superoneclick app, and I can get to the point where the first 2 lines of the root process appear but then it freezes. USB bugging is on, and I'm getting confirmation that the pad has been attached to the laptop I'm using. Any thoughts on what's causing the superoneclick to freeze?

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
Ok - one last post for now. It is almost 4 am in the morning Eastern time and I have been successful with my root and the market. Not sure if I'm ready for the "clock mod" process yet. I'll check that out when I'm not brain dead. But I have downloaded BN Nook app, Kindle app, Pandora, Facebook, Mini-Opera browser - all the things that non-developers would like. This is my first foray into the Android zone. Just wanted you to know that there is hope in case you are having any problems. Just follow the videos that KWA has put on here.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
If this is to me and DCTeague - yes, the Debugging is still on. I have tried all the versions. Even the 2.2 version which McAfee said contained a Trojan.

Sorry I was talking to 4ddbn.

Technically superoneclick is a "virus" it forcefully makes changes to the phone/tablet. All virus scan stuff should pick it up.

All of you that are having trouble with it try cutting off your virus stuff and then rerun the SOC. I've read about that on XDA and forgot.

Dec 27, 2011
does anybody no what cell standby is? my 7127 is new since Christmas, and since it was first opened, under battery info and battery usage it shows something called cell standby that started off using 74% and is now up to 86%. when i click on cell standby to get more info on it i C that it starts with my tablet but it says time without signal is 100%.
What is it? how can i fix it? can it be deleted? i have a battery saver app... saves me a little battery life but still nothing significant. I see that the Kwa doesn't have it on his....

Dec 27, 2011
ok so i did find this forum for turning it off here but i was hoping for a more suitable solution.... with removing the bloat remove this?

**EDIT**
actually ha ha i lied..... i dont think that the wifi on/off app im using worked to turn off cell standby while letting me use wifi....
so im back to suggestions

Last edited:

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
debugging is on during the whole process :) i get that goofy message whether the tablet is plugged in my desktop or not. when i reboot with the power button and back button pressed, i still get the message. when i reboot with the power button and home button down...u guessed it :) arrrrgh :/