[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Confirmed to work on 7125. But, i'm getting the screen coming on for a few seconds, and then back off. This is when I have the tablet screen off. Its doing it faster than when I had previous methods of Market. This is the first time i've rooted though.

And, can't figure out how to find telephony.apk and phone.apk. I see removing them is a good way to help battery?

how did u do this? i cant seem to get mine to work :/

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
how did u do this? i cant seem to get mine to work :/

4bddn, when you try to flash clockwork are you still connected to the computer? If so try to unplug it first.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
UPDATE: OMG! It's 2 am in the morning and I got it to work. I just got SuperOneClick to work for me by updating the device driver: Android Composite ADB Interface. After connecting the 7127 to my laptop, I just went to the Device Drivers on my Control Panel, saw that there was an error on the Android device, asked it to find a driver from the internet. It found it and it was successfully installed. Then I went back to the latest SuperOneClick application file and installed it per KWA's video.

Ok, I think this step 1 for me to solve my rooting problem.... I don't have the Android USB drivers installed... question for ya'll that have em:
- When I choose to auto-update my Android drivers in my Win XP control panel (device manager), it doesn't find them.
- I cannot find the drivers on the internet... Coby's wesbsite doesn't have any drivers to d/l for the 7127 (or any tablet, I think).... And I don't want to try to install some random Android driver.
- So, for those that have the correct drivers installed in Windows XP, can you perhaps check your device manager and maybe there's a file name or some clue for me to find the right ones to install.

Thanks in advance.

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
sharlene do you have root and clockwork? If so see the first post with the bloat duper. Flash that and see where you are at it will delete all of the phone apps for you. Works well pretty painless

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
4bddn, when you try to flash clockwork are you still connected to the computer? If so try to unplug it first.

the first time...yes. the 2nd time...no. and i got the same result :/

lets go back to the beginning :) what files do i need, where do i put them, and what do i do exactly to install clockworkmod? maybe im missing something here. lol

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
1 Ok download the file THEKWA posted. Dont unzip
2 save the file update.zip to the root of your sd card. Not in any
other files.(Take sd out of tablet. Use a computer to save file.
Its easier to save in the right place.)
3 go to setting>about device>system update>install update>from
Sd card.

The tablet should reboot then install clockwork then reboot again.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
1 Ok download the file THEKWA posted. Dont unzip
2 save the file update.zip to the root of your sd card. Not in any
other files.(Take sd out of tablet. Use a computer to save file.
Its easier to save in the right place.)
3 go to setting>about device>system update>install update>from
Sd card.

The tablet should reboot then install clockwork then reboot again.

thats exactly what i do :)

saved the undate.zip in the sdcard with nothing else on it (when i go into file explorer, the update.zip is now in sdcard/tflash folder)
went into settings, about device, system update, install from sdcard
tablet reboots with the "the device enter fastboot mode. please connect usb to pc or reset the device. waiting......"

am i going crazy? lol

the tablet is rooted and its a 7125...other than that, i have no frickin idea :/

edit: after i reset the tablet and go into file explorer, the sdcard/tflash folder now has android and lost dir folders. lol

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Where did you put the update.zip file then?

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Where did you put the update.zip file then?

i put the sdcard in my laptop, and moved the update.zip to the card. when i ran file explorer on my tablet, it now shows up in the sdcard/tflash folder (which i believe is the removable sdcard)

edit: i dont know whats going on anymore. lol. i followed this exactly http://kyros-tablet-zone.team-talk.net/t843-clockwork-recovery-mod-7012. all the commands work (provided that the op failed to mention that u need all of these files on ur card in the 1st place). when i typed "reboot recovery"...guess what i got??? yep...""the device enter fastboot mode. please connect usb to pc or reset the device. waiting......"

so...im at a loss here :/

Last edited:

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah that's the correct place. It SHOULD flash cwm now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah that's the correct place. It SHOULD flash cwm now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

nope. i get that obnoxious message everytime it reboots. any idea what it means? it doesnt go away when i connect it to my desktop, only when i hard reset it and then it boots normally. when i reboot into recovery using quick reboot apk...i get that message too

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Have you tried a diffrent SD card? Other then that i have no clue.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Have you tried a diffrent SD card? Other then that i have no clue.

im trying that right now.
edit: tried the install from sdcard method...same result. tried the commands method...same result :/

could i have possibly done something goofy when i rooted it?

Last edited:

Jeremiahk

Dec 31, 2011
So how would you flash back to Stock Recovery using Fastboot or how would you go to the mID7127's recovery menu? Oh yeah btw HAPPY NEW YEAR!:D