[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
im trying that right now.
edit: tried the install from sdcard method...same result. tried the commands method...same result :/

could i have possibly done something goofy when i rooted it?

Dont think you could have done anything goofy. If the tablet is rooted and you have the file in the correct spot i have no freaking idea.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Dont think you could have done anything goofy. If the tablet is rooted and you have the file in the correct spot i have no freaking idea.

thats my thoughts exactly :) i know its rooted and i know the files are supposed to be where they are. the whole message (its in blue font if that helps) thing has got me stumped.
i goolged it and there was a another user who had the same problem, but the response was rather silly since the desktop cant see the tablet once it reboots into that message screen :/ ive tried all the button combos for recovery, fastboot (have no idea really what that is) or fsdn (?) and i still get that obnoxious screen with the message.

is there a way that i screwed up my recovery when i rooted? honestly, im at a loss here too

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
I dont think you could have screwed it up. You can try to unroot with SOC and then reroot.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
I dont think you could have screwed it up. You can try to unroot with SOC and then reroot.

but rooting would have anything to do with the recovery right? has anyone seen or heard of that message i get? lol

Last edited:

jp1113

Dec 31, 2011
@The Kwa
Any chance we can get you to do a video tutorial of how to restore the tablet to it's original default rom? I've been looking for tutorials but havent had any luck yet.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
but rooting would have anything to do with the recovery right? has anyone seen or heard of that message i get? lol

Im just throwing out ideas of stuff that might help you.

BarbaraLK

Dec 22, 2011
If I should start a new thread ... don't be shy and tell me. :) I have moved some music over to an (unrooted) 7127. All is labeled with author and album. However, some are listed in an "unknown author" folder when I open the MUSIC app (one native to the tablet).

Anyway I can move/merge it with the album it is supposed to be with? I am a bit anal about listening to certain albums in their order and if these are not in the right folder, that won't work. I can't figure out how to create a playlist, like I would in iTunes. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thank you.

Barbara

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
4bddn - sounds like you've somehow lost recovery. download "quickboot". once you have it, reboot to recovery. you should go to either stock or CWM recovery.

pcream - thanks for all the help! between the holidays and moving, i haven't been around as much as i'd like. hopefully be back full blast by the end of the week

MitchGramazio - first page has a link to get rid of all bloat, including the phone stuff. just make a CWM backup before doing it.

jp1113 - i'll make one, but i won't have time to make it untill the end of the week/this weekend

BarbaraLK

Dec 22, 2011
That is the funny thing ... in the file manager, they are all in the appropriate albums. Very odd indeed. I think tomorrow, well ... if I make the time, I have hosed my iTunes folder up after an OS upgrade so who knows what will come first ... I will remove the few odd ones and replace them and see what happens. Makes no sense to me at all.

Have a good night! I so appreciate all of your guidance. Still not up for rooting ... maybe one day soon!

Barbara

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
4bddn - sounds like you've somehow lost recovery. download "quickboot". once you have it, reboot to recovery. you should go to either stock or CWM recovery.

pcream - thanks for all the help! between the holidays and moving, i haven't been around as much as i'd like. hopefully be back full blast by the end of the week

MitchGramazio - first page has a link to get rid of all bloat, including the phone stuff. just make a CWM backup before doing it.

jp1113 - i'll make one, but i won't have time to make it untill the end of the week/this weekend

Your welcome. Ive rooted a few phones but this tablet has been kinda odd. If yall have a question ask i'll try and help.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011

i actually have quickboot installed...but i got the apk from my phone. doess that matter? lol

krupr52

Dec 27, 2011
TheKWA,

Posted this over at the KTZ forum and just wanted to add it to this active thread.

THANKS.

Your excellent videos inspired this old man to finally root a device. Then came the CWM install. Then the Android Market. Really improves this inexpensive little 7127. Followed the link to delete bloatware; however, I just can't figure it out. (Be gentle. Remember, I'm new to all of this.) Some of your video or written instuctional magic would be much apppreciated.

Again, thanks for the work. I suspect that there is a vast silent majority that appreciates the effort.