[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

rednkgrl

Dec 28, 2011
Do you by chance have the tablet in a case? I had this issue when starting my tablet because the case was pushing the valume button and I was pushing the start button. Silly, but worht a shot. It solved my problem when I took it out of the case and reset it. Hoipe it helps or that you get it figured out.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Do you by chance have the tablet in a case? I had this issue when starting my tablet because the case was pushing the valume button and I was pushing the start button. Silly, but worht a shot. It solved my problem when I took it out of the case and reset it. Hoipe it helps or that you get it figured out.

nope...i think i have come to grips that i wont get cwm on it so that i can flash a new rom like my phone :/ maybe thats a good thing. lol

jp1113

Dec 31, 2011
4bddn - sounds like you've somehow lost recovery. download "quickboot". once you have it, reboot to recovery. you should go to either stock or CWM recovery.

pcream - thanks for all the help! between the holidays and moving, i haven't been around as much as i'd like. hopefully be back full blast by the end of the week

MitchGramazio - first page has a link to get rid of all bloat, including the phone stuff. just make a CWM backup before doing it.

jp1113 - i'll make one, but i won't have time to make it untill the end of the week/this weekend

Looking forward to it! I've been having a great time with your videos and rooting this little gem. I have a few issues here and there, but as long as I know i can eventually restore to the original rom I think I'll be a bit more experimental.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
i actually have quickboot installed...but i got the apk from my phone. doess that matter? lol

I would delete the one from your phone and then download the one from the market with the tablet.

I dont know if it will make a diffrance but it wouldnt hurt to try.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

MitchGramazio

Jan 1, 2012
4bddn - sounds like you've somehow lost recovery. download "quickboot". once you have it, reboot to recovery. you should go to either stock or CWM recovery.

pcream - thanks for all the help! between the holidays and moving, i haven't been around as much as i'd like. hopefully be back full blast by the end of the week

MitchGramazio - first page has a link to get rid of all bloat, including the phone stuff. just make a CWM backup before doing it.

jp1113 - i'll make one, but i won't have time to make it untill the end of the week/this weekend

I did run the bloat remover. However, I still have a "Cell Standby" process running.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
it doesn't matter, i did the same thing. when you boot to recovery where does it take you?

it reboots, then i get a screen that says "the device enter fastboot mode. please connect usb to pc or reset the device. waiting......"

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
OK. We need to flash cwm via adb if you want it. I'll be able to help after work.

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
Sorry as I don't mean to hi-jack the ongoing discussion...
But it seems the main problem I have in rooting my 7127 is loading the USB drivers onto my PC. I'm on Windows XP professional... my .net framework has been updated.. and I turn off my antivurus as well. I checked COBY's website and they don't have drivers, as well as I've done a google search to no avail. I've tried searching for the drivers so I can manually load them after I've tried running SOC as adminsistrator, etc... it hangs up after 2 lines as I've mentioned in another reply.

Anyone know where I can obtain the 7127 USB drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 31, 2011
I looked around and found out you can install clockwork recovery mod through rom manger. I was wondering how your way differs from flashing it through rom manger, and if i install cwr mod through rom manger can i still access cwr through my computer if i ever get stuck in bootloop or get bricked... and how to do that. ;)

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Rom manager has been tried. It has you pick your device and the coby's are not on the list.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum