Ultratab Jazz 9 Inch Tablet

Maleena

Nov 24, 2012
I like my ultra. i got a wireless keyboard to go with it only to find out no bluetooth. The salesman assured me it would work since it has wifi. Am I the idiot or is he? Any suggestions of how to get them to work together would be fantastic.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I like my ultra. i got a wireless keyboard to go with it only to find out no bluetooth. The salesman assured me it would work since it has wifi. Am I the idiot or is he? Any suggestions of how to get them to work together would be fantastic.

To use a bluetooth keyboard the tablet would need to support bluetooth.

MarkOne

Nov 25, 2012
Went straight to office depot right after work around 7am on Friday, and to my surprise they still had 5 in stock at the location I went to. I thought these would have sold out completely by the time I got there, so I ended up picking up 2 of them. Originally i was going to go with the 7", but thought i might as well spend the extra $30 on the 9" instead. So far ive noticed that i cant get some of the apps to work correctly (amazon store & face book) and I wish the processor was a tad bit quicker.

But overall, I'm totally happy with the tablet especially for the price I paid for them. :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Went straight to office depot right after work around 7am on Friday, and to my surprise they still had 5 in stock at the location I went to. I thought these would have sold out completely by the time I got there, so I ended up picking up 2 of them. Originally i was going to go with the 7", but thought i might as well spend the extra $30 on the 9" instead. So far ive noticed that i cant get some of the apps to work correctly (amazon store & face book) and I wish the processor was a tad bit quicker.

But overall, I'm totally happy with the tablet especially for the price I paid for them. :)

Facebook works fine for me, the after you register the company will send you a link for amazon app, i never tried the app though.

buttnugget21

Nov 25, 2012
I bought the 7 inch and the only app i cant get to work is netflix, does anyone have an idea or possibly a fix for this?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I bought the 7 inch and the only app i cant get to work is netflix, does anyone have an idea or possibly a fix for this?

Have you upgraded the apps? don't upgrade netflix though, or it will stop working.

I had to take my back today, Office depot is out of them so no replacement. My daughter bricked mine, I guess while she was using it, jellybean ask to upgrade she said yes battery was too low for upgrade to complete so permanently bricked tablet.

buttnugget21

Nov 25, 2012
i think as soon as i signed in to google play it updated all the apps. I will try to see if jelly bean is up datable for me now. all im concerned to be honest on this tablet is for netflix.

buttnugget21

Nov 25, 2012
So I fixed my own issue, I uninstalled the updated netflix. Then I used Netflix 1.7.0 - APKTOP this version of netflix which is the prior one from the latest and manually downloaded the apk at the bottom. It was as simply as transferring the apk to my downloads folder on my tablet and using ES File Explorer to install the app. For safe keeping I made sure unknown sources was checked.

henshinX

Nov 25, 2012
I actually work at Office depot so I got mine with a small discount and a protection plan in case I ever broke it. so far it its frozen on me 2 times and refused to run facebook. It also seems to stretch out wallpapers even if they're at the right size for the screen. It keeps dropping the wifi even though it says its connected making me force restart to fix the issue. Pretty good for the money though and netflix seems to work good on it (as long as it doesn't disconnect from my wifi).

Meta123

Nov 22, 2012
I actually work at Office depot so I got mine with a small discount and a protection plan in case I ever broke it. so far it its frozen on me 2 times and refused to run facebook. It also seems to stretch out wallpapers even if they're at the right size for the screen. It keeps dropping the wifi even though it says its connected making me force restart to fix the issue. Pretty good for the money though and netflix seems to work good on it (as long as it doesn't disconnect from my wifi).

do u have wallpaper problem that the wallpaper doesnt cover the whole screen?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Any word on the 4.1 update???

My daughter thinks that see received the update, but due to battery being low the update process was interrupted and bricked the tablet.
I can't confirm it though, other than to say I returned the tablet cause it was bricked.

SalamiSlanger

Nov 28, 2012
Any word on the 4.1 update???
I don't think the 4.1 or any other update to this thing will be OTA. From what I understand we will be emailed a link to download a FW file and a PC application called LiveSuite which will do the updating. That is the process anyway for other variations of this same hardware marketed under different names.
I pulled mine apart the other night and it doesn't look like the RAM is replaceable. Everything else looked like just about every other cheap Chinese tablet. I took a few pics if anyone wants to see the inside without voiding their warranty.
I know these are already rooted, but does anyone know of any custom firmware (like CM10) that will run on this thing? Stock it is a little laggy at times