Ultratab Jazz 9 Inch Tablet

jerrymilton

Nov 28, 2012
I don't think the 4.1 or any other update to this thing will be OTA. From what I understand we will be emailed a link to download a FW file and a PC application called LiveSuite which will do the updating. That is the process anyway for other variations of this same hardware marketed under different names.
I pulled mine apart the other night and it doesn't look like the RAM is replaceable. Everything else looked like just about every other cheap Chinese tablet. I took a few pics if anyone wants to see the inside without voiding their warranty.
I know these are already rooted, but does anyone know of any custom firmware (like CM10) that will run on this thing? Stock it is a little laggy at times

The 4.1 instruction sheet is now included with the tablets...it is an OTA upgrade. it says to go to http://www.digitac.us/register and they will send you a verification email with instructions to initiate the over the air upgrade.

SalamiSlanger

Nov 28, 2012
The 4.1 instruction sheet is now included with the tablets...it is an OTA upgrade. it says to go to http://www.digitac.us/register and they will send you a verfication email with instructions to initiate the over the air upgrade.
That it does, but all I received was a download link for an apk for the amazon app store that has only worked one of the 10 times i have launched it. Literature said it was a dual core but it is not. Lets think about this. Why would they need your email for an OTA update? Then they turn around and instantly email me some broken adware **** app which I would bet they are being compensated to distribute. The box says "upgrade to jellybean available" which we all know it is not. Please forgive me if I am a little cynical about this company

jerrymilton

Nov 28, 2012
when I did the updates straight outta the box today.....(I had already read your Netflix issue)...I went ahead and updated anyway....and as you reported it did not work after update.....but a simple REBOOT (holding power key down til it reboots) fixed the problem...updated Netflix works like a charm now.

jerrymilton

Nov 28, 2012
since when is a amazon store app considered "adware"....as for the OTA update, there is no way they would advertise such a thing and not deliver...Office Depot would be swamped with returns. They want your email to send you emails, duh, as well as they have a record now if when you supposedly bought the thing for warranty... I opted out of their "newsletter" from the get go. I have every NEXUS out right now (Galaxy Nexus,4,7,10) and even GOOGLE devices take up to a week once they start releasing OTA updates.

Zuken

Nov 29, 2012
I registered my 7" last Saturday, and call the support Yesterday. The guy mentioned, that I will received the update by the end of the week. Today I got a coupon for 20 off, Office Depot have the 9" for 99.99 less 20 (Coupon) that will be 79.99 and that will put it 10$ more than the 7". I am thinking to return the 7" and get the 9".

Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

MarkOne

Nov 25, 2012
Well I ended up returning the tablets last night. For the money, they weren't bad but I just couldn't get over how slow/laggy they were. If they were made with dual core processors then I would have kept it for sure.

the novo7 crystal is on my list for my next purchase :)

Zuken

Nov 29, 2012
did anyone receive the 4.1 update yet?

Nothing on the Update?

icon9.png

bartnancyfl

Dec 10, 2012
Just purchased the C925 for $99 and let my I-Pad Son-in-Law play with it for a brief. Though lacking a duel core processor and minimal on board storage capacity he was amazed that it actually had SD micro and USB capacity. My Jazz would pull and connect to weak multiple neighbors Wi-Fi while his I-pad would not even list the signals!! I also have downloaded Skype and have thus far used it for one Jazz to Cell phone conversation...it worked!
Out of curiosity I called their rep. on Saturday afternoon Dec. 1st . I was impressed that a human actually had answered all my brief questions, including it is a digitec product and was told that the 4.1 Jelly Bean will not be available for a couple of months. Maybe early 2013?
I see a lot of comments on Jelly Bean OTA upgrades but do not note any successful installations??
Though a bit sluggish at times, thus far the unit seems to be a bargain at under $100.
Have not yet registered my unit but if all continues to go well I will keep it for personal use, not returning it prior to January 15 with my "gift receipt"!
Unable to find a suitable hardcase for it so far but have purchased a temporary sleeve for $1 at dollar tree. Likely to go to Amazon or E-Bay sometime soon to buy a protector case for it.

Last edited:

laughalot

Dec 4, 2012
Bought a 4 Ultratab C925 on Black Friday because the ad stated they had a dual core processor. The tablets were slow and the WiFi was weak( inside the house). When I found out the tablets had a single core, I sent a complaint to customer service. The company exchanged the tablets with Lenovo A2109A ideatabs. No hassle. Even exchange. Much better tablet too.