Unable to access wifi

stanno

Aug 13, 2012
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to the world of Android Tablets. I received this one as a gift from a friend in the UK (I'm currently in Jamaica). According to the specs listed in the "about phone" section, it says it's a version 2.3.3.

It's cool so far apart from the fact that i'm unable to connect to wifi. When attempting to connect it reads "obtaining ip address" then after like 10 seconds it reads "disconnected"... after which it goes back to obtaining IP address again and does the same thing over and over again.

It's not set to static IP address and the wifi sleep policy is set to "never" in the wifi settings. I've tried so many different things but nothing so far works.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance.
Stanno

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Stanno, and welcome

This is a frequently asked question and there could be a number of possibilties. In the mean time I suggest you restart your router then tap that connection and tell it to forget then try again. It may be as simple as a channel change in the router. The problem may also be associated with your security. Android seems to like WPA or WPA2 better then WEP. Try without security to test.

I suggest you may also want to try a public hotspot or a friend's WiFi to confirm that it is working otherwise. If you do get connected somewhere install WiFi Analyzer from the Store and it will help to figure out what's going on at home base.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

stanno

Aug 13, 2012
Hi Stanno, and welcome

This is a frequently asked question and there could be a number of possibilties. In the mean time I suggest you restart your router then tap that connection and tell it to forget then try again. It may be as simple as a channel change in the router. The problem may also be associated with your security. Android seems to like WPA or WPA2 better then WEP. Try without security to test.

I suggest you may also want to try a public hotspot or a friend's WiFi to confirm that it is working otherwise. If you do get connected somewhere install WiFi Analyzer from the Store and it will help to figure out what's going on at home base.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I'm gonna try a friend's wifi connection and have him help me out also. I'll post the results.

Thanks