Unable to Boot from microSD card

nsxracingy2k

Jul 3, 2011
I was able to root my NC 1.1.0 before but for some reason I can't on a new used NC I just bought. After write the auto nooter img to the SD card and inserting to my NC (1.0.0), and plugging to my computer, the NC doesn't boot from the SD card but just boot right into B&N Android. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If your first nook was 1.1.0 then the autonooter you used was probably for 1.1.0. Different versions require a different autonooter file. Autonooter for 1.1.0 will not work on 1.0.0.

So you have two options 1) You can update your new nook to 1.0.1, 1.1.0 or 1.2 following B&Ns instructions and use the appropriate nooter file for that B&N version or 2) you can use the appropriate autonooter file for 1.0.0.

I suggest you update to at least 1.0.1 and your best option is to go for 1.2 which is based on Android 2.3 and has flash enabled. Then you follow the "manual nooter" (don't worry it isn't any more dificult than using auto nooter) process to root.

nsxracingy2k

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Problem has been resolved. Initially I thought it was the sd card but a 2nd sd card didn't help either. Apparently it was the software I used to write the image that was causing the problem. At first, I used win32 Disk Imager but it crashed. So I switched to winImage and that didn't work either. Giving Win32 Disk Imager another shot paid off. This time it didn't crash.