Unable to connect to WiFi

lynneunz

Feb 6, 2011
Hi, My tablet refuses to connect to my wireless network. I have successfully installed the Feb 4 bios and no luck. I enter the WEP key, the wifi connection says 'connecting' then 'obtaining an ip address' then disconnects. This repeats until I turn the wifi off. All other functions on the tablet seem to work ok. I have two laptops that connect to my wifi modem with no problem. I have appealed to tech support at Elocity via a phone call and two emails but have heard NOTHING back from them. Level one tech support was supposed to bump it up a level and assured me I would get a call back but it hasn't happened and it has been 4 days.

Anyone have a suggestion?

John Conley

Feb 7, 2011
I suggest you try resetting everything. Shut down, reboot, get close to your wireless transmitter, re-enter your keys paying close attention. It works, but mine can be a bit testy at times. I was traveling and in a hotel in Toronto and the wireless search found 40 devices from a 28th floor overlooking downtown, but despite 3 being open would not connect. I think you might need 3 bars on the indicator in order to get it to work.

lynneunz

Feb 6, 2011
I just tried that and it didn't work. I reset the tablet, re-entered the WEP key and set the tablet right next to my modem. I got 4 bars of signal. Same result as above.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

John Conley

Feb 7, 2011
Unless you think you have immediate issues with security go into your wireless router and disable security. It's possible that one of the levels of security has poor support. I used WEP in a local bar where they don't give it out unless you are a regular and it worked great there.

I get 2 bars from my neighbour 5 houses up the street and they had it open and I found it would connect to them. I know it's them because it's the Wong network, and they are the only Wongs around.