Unable to connect to wireless network

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
I'm at work, right next to a router. My signal strength is "excellent", and the security is "open". My NC will not connect to the network. It keeps trying to obtain IP address, but is constantly unsucessfull in connecting to the network. My phone, an OG Droid, connects no problem. I'm kind of bummed out about this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
How are you trying to connect? By tapping the bottom of the screen and relying on the NC to connect or are you going into Settings and manually selecting the wireless connection? I've had the best success going to Settings and manually selecting the wireless connection.

reebz

Apr 2, 2011
How are you trying to connect? By tapping the bottom of the screen and relying on the NC to connect or are you going into Settings and manually selecting the wireless connection? I've had the best success going to Settings and manually selecting the wireless connection.

That's what I was doing. I eventually got it connected, although I'm not sure how. I was going to backup to a previous ROM, but I didn't have the right SD card, I unmounted, confirmed I had the wrong SD card, reinstalled SD card and it connected and stayed connected rest of the day. Hopefully, I'll have no further issues.