Unable to flash S7 Slim

berserker99

Jul 6, 2011
so I've been trying to flash my new s7 slim with the south african firmware located in the official slim firmware post, and it just will not happen. I created a folder called "dload" in the root of the device and copied the UPDATA.APP and unlmt.cfg files into it. I power off the device, put the SD card in and power it up. It just loads like normal and never even attempts to do anything like flashing. I'm using an 8GB Transcend MicroSD card. Anyone have any advice?

Jota

May 25, 2011
so I've been trying to flash my new s7 slim with the south african firmware located in the official slim firmware post, and it just will not happen. I created a folder called "dload" in the root of the device and copied the UPDATA.APP and unlmt.cfg files into it. I power off the device, put the SD card in and power it up. It just loads like normal and never even attempts to do anything like flashing. I'm using an 8GB Transcend MicroSD card. Anyone have any advice?

It happens if you edit/change the "dload" folder name using the S7.
Just create the "dload" folder on a PC and it should work.

gochi

Sep 8, 2011
It happens if you edit/change the "dload" folder name using the S7. Just create the "dload" folder on a PC and it should work.
Hello, My huawei s7 android won't come on again after trying to update rom from sd card. Is there any solution for this?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Hello, My huawei s7 android won't come on again after trying to update rom from sd card. Is there any solution for this?

what is your S7 model? 10X or 201?
what ROM you are trying to flash?
how is the flashing progress? did you get increasing progress bar, blinking LED and "OK" message?
how is the condition now? do you stuck at static ideos logo, animated ideos logo or totally turn off?

give full explanation will help others people who want to help you.

Taki

Sep 14, 2011
Hi,

I have the same problem.

I get a progress bar that doesn't move and the home+menu+back buttons flash continuously.

If i reboot with the volume down button without an SD card, i get a recovery progress bar then the device reboot. I then get a com.android.wizard error and my touch screen doesn't work :'(