Unable to use the nook ap on my tablet

djackal1965

Jan 2, 2011
I downloade the nook ap for my android tablet, but when I try to download one of the books from my library I keep getting and message and can not read any of my books, any idea what I need to do to fix this?

edit: Moved from post to new thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Not quite sure what your question is. To get this straight, you are not using a Nook Color and you're using some other Android tablet with the nook app.

1. Are you able to see your library?
2. Are you trying to open a book you can see in your library and it is not opening?
3. Are you move one of your books to another location on your tablet?
4. Does your app look something like the following:

ScreenShot-2.png

ScreenShot-1.png

ScreenShot.png

ScreenShot-4.png

majakat

Dec 29, 2010
I tried to download the nook app from the market on my rooted NC, and it wont even open, is this what you are talking about? Or on another tablet?

djackal1965

Jan 2, 2011
Yes: That's exactly how it looks, when I click on download I get an error message HTTP 401, failed to obtain license, I'm using an MIDX5A, Android Tablet. I checked my wifi connection and it says I'm connected not sure what else it could be, any assistance would be greatly appreciated

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yes: That's exactly how it looks, when I click on download I get an error message HTTP 401, failed to obtain license, I'm using an MIDX5A, Android Tablet. I checked my wifi connection and it says I'm connected not sure what else it could be, any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Hmm ok, try this:

1. Go to Settings > Application Settings > Manage Applications > Nook, then Clear Data & Clear Cache

or

2. If that doesn't work try to turn the tab off and then turn it back on.

or

3. If that doesn't work, uninstll the nook app, reboot, go back to the market and re-install the app.

Definition:
401 Unauthorized
This code is used when access to a resource is protected and the client did not provide valid authentication credentials. Often the 401 response includes information that causes the user agent to prompt the user for a username and password.