Unbrick Help!

BrokeGuy

Apr 29, 2012
Just to let yous know before reading im a complete noob at all this :|
So i have a couple of chinese Tablets that are exactly the same.
Both were just as crap as the other. slow and boring.
So i did a little bit of research and Rooted one of them using gingerbreak 1.2
It rebooted all was fine, installed a few apps. Then all of a sudden it went flat.
Charged it all up, rebooted it. Android logo pops up then switches to the Android.. loading thingy, after that it just goes black and wont do anything.
So now im pretty determined its bricked.
And being a chinese tablet im not to sure what firmware and **** its running. so i was wondering if its possible to somehow copy the root/firmware or whatever from the working tablet to the stuffed tablet?

Cheers, sorry if this is in the wrong section lol

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, I suspect, but don't know, that your tabs are wm8650 based. If you can find this out, there may be a solution for you. If they are, the goto wondermedia based pages of forum and search for info & links for a custom rom called uberoid. Read the info you find carefully about loading this rom as it can seem confusing. It confused me when I had my old tab but after reading plenty of posts I finally figured it out & hey presto-my tab was much better. Wifi improved( just a little, you need to be pretty close to router for them to work well 5 m or less) & tab was rooted. Which meant I could do more with it. For what I paid I have no complaints. You can pay £5 an hour just to use wifi in some places so to buy a working device with wifi, book reader, media player etc for £40 was a bargain in my eyes. If you do go ahead with uberoid & get stuck or can't follow directions etc, let me know & I will try to help you.
Ps I used uberoid v10.1 on my old tab so any newer versions may or maynot be easier to load. I tried v11 & I couldn't load it so went back to v10.1 you might not have the same problems. You need to try & discover your devices model number. This is easier said than done as there are so many copies & variations of the same tab. Mine was sold to me as an eken e18 & I only discovered through trying to load uberoid that it was actually a mid703. The reason for this is uberoid has to know whoch model it is updating so there are various numbers that correspond to certain models. Eg my changer.bat no was 8 but I tried a lot of other numbers first because I thought my tab was something else.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

BrokeGuy

Apr 29, 2012
i went into About Device on my workin tablet and this is what it says:

Model number
m7206 V2.2

Android version

Baseband version
Unknown

Kernel version
2.6.35.7-infoTM
lizhaodong@ubuntu #20

Build number
GRI40

Duno if this is good for anything lol

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Afraid not they all say that. If it came in a brandless box with just mid on the side its probably what is known as generic & could be any model number. This isn't a bad thing as they're all based on the same device, but it means when you're trying to load uberoid you'll probably have to try a few times before finding the right changer number for your Tablets. There are a few things that may narrow the selection down tho'.
1 does it have a green led power on light or blue?
2. Does it have vibrate? ( when turning on/off or notifications)
3 does it have 2gb or 4 gb flash memory?
4 screen size.
You may still need to try the numbers corresponding to devices that are different to yours in these aspects but you can leave them until you've tried corresponding numbers first.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
If you try uberoid. Look for model identification & search for m7206. There may be more than 1 number for that type but that's where you should start, then try all numbers that match scren size, green/blue led , memory size etc. Hopefully you shouldn't have to try more than a couple of numbers. If you still can't find one thst works, then stick to screen size but try different memory size, green/blue led etc.

BrokeGuy

Apr 29, 2012
Doesnt seem to be working? i downloaded uberoid. followed the cmd instructions. made the SD card thing, turned off the bricked tablet. put the SD card in, turned it on, and it did nothing?

BrokeGuy

Apr 29, 2012
I unziped uberoid on the pc, inserted the SD, formatted it, ran the cmd that was inside the zip folder, selected the model, chose the disk drive and wrote the files to the SD. Removed the SD and put it in the tab and started it. nothing happened lol. i think im just nooby?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Your Tablets isn't supported by uberoid. Its not wm8650 its infotmic if you do a search on forum for infotmic m7206 you chould find firmware links. I searched for model number & discovered its a different cpu from wm8650. It seems that this firmware download has been used by forumites so it should be ok. There will be others more familiar with your device than me on these pages. They should sort your problems out.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
If you back up to forum/more android Tablets. There's a section just for infotmic based tabs. That's where to look.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I,d like to know how you were trying to load uberoidwithout identifying your Tablets changer number! Still I hope this helps. I read a post dated 3 jan from someone who had similar probs & did firmware download, didn't read all so I don't know if they solved all their problems but if it gets it working its a start. There's mention of upgrades aswell. Good luck let me know if you're successful.!

BrokeGuy

Apr 29, 2012
Well because im a uber noob i just tryed like, all of the models and none of them worked ahahaha!
Ok.. so ive unbricked my tablet.
Heres basicly what i did.

Removed the back case off my bricked tab and my working tab (Both identical)
Removed the internal SD card out of the working tab.
Downloaded a program called HDDRaw and copyed everything off the SD to my computer. (i had to use this program as there were hidden files)
Once i did that it made a .img file that was around 3.8gigs big.
Removed the internal SD card out of the bricked tab.
And used another program called Win32DiskImager to extract all the files from the .img file to the SD making a 100% indentical clone of the SD card removed from the working tab.

Now ive ran into another issue lol..
Im glad both tabs are running how they should be. but when both tabs are connected to wifi, only one tablet can actually access the internet at a time.
So im wondering since both tabs are basicly 100% indentical, is there any way to change somthing to fix this problem? such as a mac address or somthing??

Cheers

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Dunno, check on infotmic forum pages. They might know something, unless your wifi has a limit as to how many devices it can deal with. I know wifi is crap on these tabs so you need to be pretty close ( usually within 5metres). But if they both work seperately on wi fi then I guess it either sees them as both the same tab or can only read so many devices at a time. Have you named the devices? Eg unbrick 1 & unbrick 2 :)