Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

spiritwolf

May 17, 2011
Yes Guys .. i have been reading and reading this forum a lot and hoping someone would help unbrick my tablet..well i manage to do it myself thanks to others that developers that help created this firmware...credits goes to them...

Since i was unable to reset my tablet using all reset method and hard boot option...Especially since darn Coby has not release a firmware for Coby 7024. i had tried a tons of different firmware that match the same exact chipset as coby Samsung S5PV210 (Cortex A8). but i was not determine to gave up just yet.:confused:

i am so happy that i even manage to put Andriod Gingerbread. Yes u read what i said correctly.:):D:eek:

All i did was formatted the "SDCARD" that is inside the Coby tablet.
* Note i am not refering to the External card but internal SDCArd***

Completely using a software named "SDFormatter" then i placed the new firmware from a different tablet Herotab_C8_0419_Gingerbread Rooted.zip which is Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
Android version: 2.3.1

******~~~~~Opps.. i forgot to add please extract the download file then copy all the everything that is in the extracted folder. and copy it to your memory sdcard INSIDE TABELT... SO SORRY i am only human..~~~~~****

And Using update button. by Pressing Power and silver circle center shiny button together
And waited for tablet to do a complete system wipe and update..then it will shut down.

After that boot the tablet like normal by pressing power and u wait a minute for it to process and you will have a working Android with new feature designs...Yes the soft keys are working as well. and wifi..:D:eek:;)

Hope i have been a great help to you guys that need help to unbrick your coby Kyros MID7024.......:cool::cool:

Try unbrick at your own risk.. Not recommending for update untill Hopefully Coby Release a firmware update..!!!

Last edited:

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
This sounds awesome! I am not doubting you at all, but I will let a few others try it first.

Last edited:

spiritwolf

May 17, 2011
yes. but still dont expect everything to work 100%. for example there is no need for bluetooth, phone, voice dailer, contacts, since it is not a phone...Oh yes to let others know the camera does tek a very long time to finally appear to work.. but all i care is to use it to surf web, read ebooks, i try games later....

Please note i dont take credit for no ones hard work...i praise them for it...

BULLDOGG

May 3, 2011
i wonder if you are able to put a larger internal mini SD card? like put a 32gig instead of the 4gig thats in there.

spiritwolf

May 17, 2011
should be noted that it states low disk space...on top left had corner....

If anyone can help tweak this firmware to turn it into a top notch firmware please be free to help out..

tehmonkey

May 17, 2011
hi i just tried your method about 3 times and it keeps telling me that it doesnt find any update image ive done the steps you posted i formatted the internal sd card and then placed the herotab.zip and then turned off the tablet and pressed home+power button went into update mode and it just wont find the update image am i missing a step?

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
I'm glad to see that someone has figured out how to root and upgrade to Gingerbread! I am happy right now with my 7015, but now that this has occurred, it will not take long for ROM's to start coming out. Glad you got your brick functional again!

BULLDOGG

May 3, 2011
hi i just tried your method about 3 times and it keeps telling me that it doesnt find any update image ive done the steps you posted i formatted the internal sd card and then placed the herotab.zip and then turned off the tablet and pressed home+power button went into update mode and it just wont find the update image am i missing a step?

you have to extract it first

spiritwolf

May 17, 2011

Opps.. i forgot to add please extract the download file then copy all the everything that is in the extracted folder. and copy it to you memory sdcard INSIDE TABELT... SO SORRY

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
This is great news! Might I suggest that since you can use another SD card internally people save their original cards as backup in case something goes wrong. Also, the C8 batteries have a different reading than ours so I expect the battery meter will be off. The C8 is a capacitance screen, is there still a way to calibrate?