Unbrick or update Coby Kyros 7024 with gingerbread firmware...!!!!

Was this help full?

• Total voters

astaccz

May 17, 2011
Cool, at least it is starting to be usable. When I get home if someone has not done it yet I'll pull the camera app from the tablet so you can use it.

Thanks that will do justice for me. Dave do you know exactly what is stored on those partitions on the original coby structure?

BULLDOGG

May 3, 2011
Ok bulldogg i used the haipad firmware you posted and flashed it. On mine I got force closed and the setup wizard I could not get passed.

Using daves advice I change setup wizard from OPTIONAL TO DISABLED AND I removed all the apps that were force closing which included (phone, maps, google voice, and other apps not necessary). After I removed all those apps and edited the build.prop with daves advice, My tablet booted straight up with only the core apps which are (gallery, music, browser, settings, market, camera, calendar, calculator, email, and clock).

My tablet is running perfectly. The only thing that does not work is soft keys, and the camera app. When I open the camera its all green. Market, google sign in works perfectly. All other gapps can be downloaded from market. Also the soft keys light stays on after I lock the tablet.

Android Version 2.2

mine was doing the exact same thing when i tried to use a 32g sd card. then i switched to a 4gb sd card and it worked fine.

stevro63

May 18, 2011
Can you UL the cloned image?

Before i even started to flash the gingerbread on the OP, I cloned my 4gb to an image using Easus TODO backup. Everything is original before I tried to flash anything. There are about 3 linux partitions and the usable fat 32. I dual boot ubuntu and looked in the linux partitions and there are system files didnt mes around with it though.

astaccz

May 17, 2011

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah here you go megaupload link. Its a .PBD files so download easus todo backup (freeware). Press recover than open the PBD file and choose destination to sd card you have plugged in. The image may seem small but the program compresses the image.

Cloned Image MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Easus ToDo Backup (Link Straight To Download) http://www.easeus-down.com/download/tb_home.exe

----
Just so I'm sure... this image you posted here is the original Coby Kyros MID7024 image from the internal microSD card?

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Oh and thanks (people that responded) about finding the internal microSD card. And here I was with the whole thing open and taking pictures and didn't think to pull up the stupid tape! =P

astaccz

May 17, 2011
----
Just so I'm sure... this image you posted here is the original Coby Kyros MID7024 image from the internal microSD card?

Yes that is a clone from my 4 gb card. As soon as i removed the internal sd for the first time, i cloned. Before i even messed with flashing i made sure to clone so if anythiing happens i can restore back. Which at the end didnt work..... but yea

astaccz

May 17, 2011
here is another firmware that works to an extent. Dropad/BETA Version 0.3 (14-5-2011) all soft keys work. no volume control. no wireless. no camera.

Im on a usable rom the one you posted earlier but i am really stuck without camera and soft keys. I will try this one out. Does anyone know what file or files contain the info on hardware. If soft keys work in this rom we can try to replace and/or edit some files so the hardware can get detected. Idk know if this will work im just a throwin an idea out here.

astaccz

May 17, 2011
Can someone who has working original coby firmware running on their tab pull the system using adb and upload. I want to try something with the correct system files for the tablet.

Sent from my MID_Serails using Android Tablet Forum

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
If you have not read all of the threads here, be warned, If your tablet is not bricked this will turn your useful tablet into a non useful tablet that so far can not be undone. In fact even if Coby released a update file today, you may not be able to use it.

This may be away to get back to Coby 2.2

I have not looked at the image of the SD card someone posted. They did say it does not recover back to Coby's 2.2 after using the HeroTab firmware. I wonder if the u-boot files for the Coby are located on that image of the SD card? I also wonder if you replaced the Coby u-boot files with the HeroTab u-boot files creating a hybrid Coby recovery if that would allow those who have used the HeroTab FW to at least return to the buggy but functional Coby 2.2 FW?

I have not tried to update my 7024 so I cannot say this would actually work. It could in fact make things worse.

astaccz

May 17, 2011
Ok guys with the stock coby system files from Dave, I was able to boot back in to stock coby. ! main problem was fixed the soft keys, but camera does not work. I tried to open it but the screen stays black and forces tab into a reboot. Another thing that is really needed is wifi and it does not work. Tab Sees wifi connections but wont connect. Another thing. The hero pad boot up screens stays intact so I dont know if that is what causing the problems. Im going to try a little more to see what I can do.