Uneven Screen

thearches

Oct 22, 2011
While there are lots of mentions of the screen in the forum, I haven't seen this problem mentioned. My VTab's screen is slightly darker on the right (landscape mode) or bottom (portrait mode).

This is not a big deal most of the time. Who cares if the gray in a Google map is a little darker on the right, after all. But it can be mildly annoying when reading a book, and very annoying when watching a movie or TV show - especially when shadow detail is diminished on the right or disappears as the scene pans left.

I understand these are not IPS screens. Which makes sense since they are designed to work in 2 directions, not 4. But I didn't think that would mean there would be a lack of uniformity when looking at the screen dead on.

Does anyone else notice this problem, or should I exchange mine for a different sample while I can?

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
The screen is one of the best features of the VTAB. Mine shows no signs of uneven color. I also recommend contacting Vizio about a warranty replacement (if you can't return/exchange it to your point of purchase).

Edit: If the LCD is beginning to fail it gradually worsen.

thearches

Oct 22, 2011
Well, I took it back and exchanged it. The new one has the same problem. As I mentioned, it's only a slight dimming toward the right. Some people might not notice. Others might not care. I wish I knew if you guys were just overlooking it, or if yours really don't have this problem. I'd feel foolish exchanging it again if this is how they all are. If the Maps work (the maps and Navigation freeze whenever the satellite layer is turned on) and if the GPS issues are resolved in this sample (Navigation spends most of its time Searching for GPS), then I may choose to live with it. If not, I may have to give up on this promising tablet.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
As I mentioned, it's only a slight dimming toward the right. Some people might not notice. Others might not care. I wish I knew if you guys were just overlooking it, or if yours really don't have this problem.
I'm exceedingly critical of "little things, " such as the kind of thing you're describing. If either my wife's of my VTABs exhibited what you describe, believe me: I would have noticed.

Jim

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum