"Unfortunately, Browser Has Stopped"

cantthinkofaname

Aug 23, 2016
Hi all, newbie here. If this is in the wrong forum, then forgive me and hopefully a forum moderator will move the thread. I have an android Lenovo tablet, I use it all the time for the internet, and about a week ago I clicked (or "pressed" with my finger") the Browser icon (as that's what I use for internet) and it opened up, then went off straight away with the message popping up saying "Unfortunately, browser has stopped".

I'm at a total loss as to what has caused this, I have tried literally hundreds of times now, and it just keeps doing this with this message. I can still access the web via Google chrome but I hate using that, and want to know what I can do to get Browser back....or want to know if it's terminal and what the hell has caused this.

I'm not a tech nerd, so I am afraid answers need to be in layman's terms :))

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi cantthinkofaname, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

1.) First try turning the tablet completely off for a minute and then turning it back on. (Hold the power button in until you get a shutdown message and select shutdown.)

If that doesn't help:
2.) Factory reset: How Do I "Factory Reset" My Tablet?

If there are no instructions specifically for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying.

In case neither of those help, I'm moving your thread to the Lenovo Tablets forum for you. More people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion there and try to help you. Good luck!