Unfortunately selling my V712

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
So I have had my V712 for just over a week now and although I really love everything about it I just can't live with the pathetic battery life. I am getting just barely 2 hours off of a single charge and that is not acceptable at all. I feel completely duped by Onda Tablet as they specify 5000 mah battery which has to be a lie. I have been trying to contact them through their "Contact Us" web form for the past 5 days but they refuse to respond even though they claim a 24 hour maximum response time.

This tablet has so much going for it its just too bad they decided to put such a terrible battery in it.

I suppose I will have to spend a bit more and get a Nexus 7.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
So I have had my V712 for just over a week now and although I really love everything about it I just can't live with the pathetic battery life. I am getting just barely 2 hours off of a single charge and that is not acceptable at all. I feel completely duped by Onda Tablet as they specify 5000 mah battery which has to be a lie. I have been trying to contact them through their "Contact Us" web form for the past 5 days but they refuse to respond even though they claim a 24 hour maximum response time.

This tablet has so much going for it its just too bad they decided to put such a terrible battery in it.

I suppose I will have to spend a bit more and get a Nexus 7.

Did you try going back to ICS 4.0.3, it could be a bug in jelly bean update?

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
I haven't tried that and I don't really know how to do that. Is it the same as the update I did using your instructions?

I absolutely do not want to sell this tablet as it is so fantastic except for the battery issue. If this fixes it I will be estatic and will pull my sale off of ebay.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
I'm ready and willing to roll back to 4.0.3 but I just don't know how the heck to go about this. I attempted to figure it out thinking I could just follow your guide I followed to update it but I'm getting confused and I don't want to brick it. How do I go about finding the correct firmware? The one I have now is 1.5.5 V2. I downloaded 1.5 V2 but I could not find the update.zip file so I was stopped in my tracks.

Any help is appreciated as I don't want to have to sell this thing.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
I just had a look in my tablet and I only have ICS 4.0.3 installed with baseband version 1.5.5. Any thoughts on what I could do?

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
yeah.. the battery is just too bad. ~.~ planning on selling mine too. though I thought, reading from this post, there is a jellybean update already, i guess there is still none.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
If you have installed their firmware (complete with chinese apps) and the problem still persists, keep trying onda its clearly faulty.

Do you mean install 1.5 rather than 1.5.5 which is presently installed? I attempted to do that last night but could not find the update.zip file in 1.5.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Do you mean install 1.5 rather than 1.5.5 which is presently installed? I attempted to do that last night but could not find the update.zip file in 1.5.

Does 1.5.5 come with a resouce zip or a zip named something like g8ref712_1.5.5.zip if the latter drag it to sdcard and boot to recovery, wipe every thing then apply update a use g8ref***.zip file.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
Does 1.5.5 come with a resouce zip or a zip named something like g8ref712_1.5.5.zip if the latter drag it to sdcard and boot to recovery, wipe every thing then apply update a use g8ref***.zip file.

There is a resource.zip but no g8ref712_1.5.5.zip. Do I copy resource.zip to sd and flash?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
There is a resource.zip but no g8ref712_1.5.5.zip. Do I copy resource.zip to sd and flash?

Right, open resource and drag "update.zip" and "patch.zip" to sdcard then download the file below and open and drag the "factory_update_param.aml" file to your sdcard, now shut down and boot holding Home+Power keys.

**This will restore it back to factory with all chinese apps** Then see how the battery goes.

Factory file - U-P_AML.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
Right, open resource and drag "update.zip" and "patch.zip" to sdcard then download the file below and open and drag the "factory_update_param.aml" file to your sdcard, now shut down and boot holding Home+Power keys.

**This will restore it back to factory with all chinese apps** Then see how the battery goes.

Factory file - U-P_AML.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

So will I have all the chinese bloatware? Will I have google play?

Right out of the box i was not able to do anything because i could not connect to the internet. it wasn't until I went through your update instructions was I able to connect.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
ok, so it seems I am back to when i first got it. I have no google play and all the chinese apps. I have 58% battery so I have started an online movie and will see how fast it drains.

My baseband is 1.5.5. I thought it shipped with a lower number than that?