Unfortunately selling my V712

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
ok, so it seems I am back to when i first got it. I have no google play and all the chinese apps. I have 58% battery so I have started an online movie and will see how fast it drains.

My baseband is 1.5.5. I thought it shipped with a lower number than that?

It does 1.5 but the factory update should work fine.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
It does 1.5 but the factory update should work fine.

Ok, I i figured I should charge to 100% and then run the test.

If this does indeed increase the battery life, how do I get Google Play back and not sacrifice battery life?

Is it now unrooted?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Ok, I i figured I should charge to 100% and then run the test.

If this does indeed increase the battery life, how do I get Google Play back and not sacrifice battery life?

Is it now unrooted?

See how it goes and if the battery problem has gone i will take a look at the firmware.

Thestanger

Nov 13, 2012
So it doesn't make any difference. The battery is pretty much drained and it's closing in on 2 hours. It's too bad they made the V712's with such a terrible battery. I suppose i'll keep my ebay auction on and get rid of it for something else.

Dec 4, 2012
That is a shame. I just got a new V712 on eBay from an American reseller, and it shipped with 1.5.5. Not sure if they made battery changes, but I'm averaging 4-5 hours per charge at about 60% brightness. The screen is gorgeous, and the tablet is very responsive. Google Android Market setup was a breeze, and everything appears to be functioning perfectly for now (knock on wood). I'll probably hold off on any updates, until the official Jellybean release comes out!

kargado

Dec 13, 2012
I received my Onda V712 V2 3 days ago, played Real Football 2012 on it at medium brightness with max sound volume and did manage 3 hours of gameplay before the unit asked for a charger.

Good thing the seller included a 2800mAh powerbank for free which added 2 more hours of play.

Normal internet browsing using Chrome lasted 6 hours plus 3 hours with the powerbank.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I received my Onda V712 V2 3 days ago, played Real Football 2012 on it at medium brightness with max sound volume and did manage 3 hours of gameplay before the unit asked for a charger.

Good thing the seller included a 2800mAh powerbank for free which added 2 more hours of play.

Normal internet browsing using Chrome lasted 6 hours plus 3 hours with the powerbank.

Thats good stats for a tablet, i dont understand this post!

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I only get like 3 hours of battery, though mine came with a free powerbank also. I reflashed mine and recallibrated my battery, let us see how it goes