Uninstalled factory preloaded app?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Mu Nook app would not open, so I tried to uninstall the update (knowing that I could not uninstall it). The uninstall updates option appeared so i selected it. It tried, then said it failed. It still showed as installed. So i went on to the market using the standard play app to see if i could update it. It said it was installed, so i hit uninstall and it did!

So perhaps you can uninstall some of the bloatware via the market?

Give it a try, and post your results.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
I find that I no longer have the Nook app present after the update. I did try to see if I could remove the Tegra Zone games thing... No luck. If I had the app disabled play store did not give me the option to install or anything. If it was enabled then it gave me the option to open it.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
You can now disable the bloatware apps from: settings>apps>all>(select app)>disable. It takes it out of the app view on the home as well. Like Nook, that has an update installed, you first must uninstall the update. Then you can go back in and disable.
Also, if the app you want to disable has any stored cache you will want to delete that as well to clear up some memory.

Last edited: