Uninstalling default applications?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Just to add further to the various builds, I have KOBO and not NOOK so I just wondering if there are others with completely different ebook standard readers?

And as for the weather here in South eastern Australia - it has been wild and woolly.

Update:

I just looked at the vendor list and saw that Zinio was the standard ebook app on my A500. But I do have KOBO as well - maybe I had downloaded it at some time.

Zinio was on my ICS build when I upgraded, so on mine it is a system app which I disabled. But isn't Zinio just a magazine app? So, my ICS came with the Nook apk in my system files which wasn't installed, and Zinio.

Australia has been hit with a lot of bad weather the last few years, according to news items I've read, and depending on what part of Australia one lives in I guess. That's one place I've always wanted to visit. Keep safe.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Zinio was on my ICS build when I upgraded, so on mine it is a system app which I disabled. But isn't Zinio just a magazine app? So, my ICS came with the Nook apk in my system files which wasn't installed, and Zinio.

Australia has been hit with a lot of bad weather the last few years, according to news items I've read, and depending on what part of Australia one lives in I guess. That's one place I've always wanted to visit. Keep safe.

My eReading App gives me a choice of 3 types of readers.

• LumiRead
  • Kobo
  • Zinio
I did not see LumiRead in the list at all.