Unlock Screen without touch: any way at all?

periagoge

Jun 8, 2011
Hello all. The touch screen of my Coby 7015 was completely destroyed but instead of throwing a otherwise working device I would like to set it up as a netflix (and more) device hooked up to my tv with a wireless keyboard. I got a keyboard/mouse that I confirmed work on the coby 7015 (I bought a new Coby) but I cannot get pass the lock screen. Is there anyway key combo or any way at all to bypass the lock screen in Android? I know that once I pass the lockscreen I will be fine but without this the device is useless.

Thanks!!!

Andre

periagoge

Jun 8, 2011
Ok it seems I am half way to a solution. Hopefully someone can help me do the extra mile. I found a code that would disable the lock screen permanently. According to
Android Snippets, entering this would do the job:

KeyguardManager keyguardManager = (KeyguardManager)getSystemService(Activity.KEYGUARD_SERVICE);
KeyguardLock lock = keyguardManager.newKeyguardLock(KEYGUARD_SERVICE);
lock.disableKeyguard();

in androidmanifest:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD"></uses-permission>The problem is, can I do that, meaning change KeygardManager through adb, this is my only access to the device as of now.

Thank you,

Andre

Apr 28, 2011
if you dont want to do the swipe to unlock, then just install the app 'no lock'. You can select when you want and dont want to use the unlock screen

periagoge

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks but as I said my touch screen was destroyed and I am locked out so there is no way for me to turn on any app (I could install an app via online market but not turn it on). That's why an ADB command is probably the only solution is there is any. Anybody please?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011