Unlocking pattern for acer iconia tab a500 without google account

olivier

Jan 5, 2012
Hello,
I`ve just bought an Acer ICONIA TAB A500 and configured the pattern before putting it back in its box.
I did not have registered my google account, nor any wifi. Obviously I forgot the pattern during Christmas vacations.
Now, I try for the last two days to refing the pattern, but without success. I cannot succeed to use the tablet.

I went trough different forums, but never found any relevant solution. The two good ones were 1/dedicated for the Nexus phone. It was proposing to install some soft from the PC through the usb cable; 2/Another interesting solution was to download an application from the android market. But my tablet is not declared in my computer or the A. marquet.... which seems to make this solution impossible (except if someone a a turnaround for that)

Please help. This is a present for my son !!
Olivier

olivier

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks to take my request into consideration.
I actually did it several times; without any success, except reseting the number of pattern errors done !
I also tried to "click on the volume+ control button before pushing the power button as often advised. This actually seemed to reinstalled the android, but always end with the andreoid guy with the warning signal in the middle; without anymore action. The only way to exit being to switch off and on again, which drives me to the pattern entry view...

I've found the link http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-tricks/6280-forgot-your-unlock-pattern.html => option 4. "If those options don't work, or if you have not set up a Google Account" - I need to add that my tablet is genuine as well as the android installed. everything is totally regular.
I'm fighting with the installation of the android SDK manager.. this is a little difficult for me - I needed to install an oracle application and then the SDK with several packages. I first did not touch checkbox, but as the installation was stopping and I still did not have the ABD command in the Vista cmde windows (C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk>), I selected several android API and the full set of extras. Under progress, but does not sound very useful. I add a comment in the next quarter if so,ething new. Anyway, is this process correct ?

I'm very surprised to face such issue with a simple tablet. I never requested to have a so strong locking function and I'm certainly not the only one who did such stupid mistake !
I don't want to loose the tablet or have to buy a new one : too expensive !

Once again, thanks for taking into consideration my resquest, and provide my four advanced advises.
Olivier.