Unofficial CWM 6.0.1.4 & Official JB 4.1.1 roms for 1125, 1126, 7022 and 8127

Johnsel

Sep 23, 2012
This should be useful for people trying to revive their devices.

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

You can boot to CWM using vol-dwn + pwr to get into fastboot, and then fastboot boot recovery.img on your pc to boot the recovery image.
It has full support for both internal and external SD and mounts them over USB as it should.

Rooting instructions + package will follow

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Regarding the size, seed is the main update with full ROM and ota is the latest update containing just updated files :)

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Hello all,
I have a MID1125, looking at the link, i see the OTA file that is the latest update, then i see two seed files.
About these seed files, the last 4 numbers are the version, right? so 0012 should be newest than 0002 for example, correct?

Regards

Johnsel

Sep 23, 2012
I haven't dissected the files thorougly myself, so your guess is as good as mine. They provide OTA updates though so once you've flashed one of the full packages (the seed ones) and have confirmed your tablet to be fully functional it'll update itself to the latest version if necessary.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Can I ask you how did you get all those files ? Have you reverse engineered their updater apk or something ? It should be great to be able to download updates without to download them on the tablet !

zorbar

May 15, 2012
Can I ask you how did you get all those files ? Have you reverse engineered their updater apk or something ? It should be great to be able to download updates without to download them on the tablet !

One easy way is to exit the update application when the download is almost finished. Then you can see the file with any file manager and copy it to sd card. Until it finish copy the file, the update tool will not reboot the tablet.

I think i didn't wrote anything wrong, did I? ;)

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Nop, but the tricky part "exit the update application when the download is almost finished" is not as good as download the file directly on a computer ^^

renderay78

Sep 26, 2012
sorry but can you tell us what is a last update seed and ota to install ?
On my tablettes wifi dont work ? is it normal ? have you fixe that ?

donnasbrt1

Nov 18, 2012
This is for Coby 1125 4G model only

Download file from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fixhl34x7qr13v6/1125.zip?dl=0

Copy entire 1125.zip folder to desktop

Extract 1125.zip to desktop

Install PdaNetA4170.exe driver ( This should allow you to transfer files with Fastboot )

This is Version 4.17 installer for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP (both 32/64bit)

Extract CWM recovery img_1125 folder to desktop by itself ( Do not remove any files from this folder )

Move zip files from zips folder to micro sd card and insert sd into tablet ( leave these in zip format !! )

coby_gapps.zip

coby_mid1125-seed-0012.zip

Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip

Also move apks from apks folder to MicroSD card

Uni-init+v1.0.apk

Google_Play_serv.ices-signe.d .apk

Busybox.apk

Link2sd.apk

and

market-helper-2.0-beta.apk (this will allow spoofing of market for not compatible apps)

Open cmd window

( menu , run , when window opens , enter “cmd” without quotes )

Cd to directory

ie ,

type in window

cd desktop , ( enter )

cd CWM recovery img_1125 ( enter )

Now place 1125 into fastboot mode , power ( or reset button ) and volume down , tablet will show fastboot mode in lower left corner

Plug in usb cable to pc and tablet

Then in cmd prompt type

fastboot boot recovery.img ( enter )

It will show some stuff , flash ok and done ok

Tablet should boot to CWM give it a moment to do so ( You will see CWM Recovery Top hat and such )

Volume up is up , Volume down is down , Home ( Silver Button ) is select

Go to and select flash zip from sd card

This will pull up menu of following zip files

Flash each zip file

coby_mid1125-seed-0012.zip

coby_gapps.zip

Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip

Select reboot

Tablet will boot ,again give it a moment ( You will see Coby and then Android splash screen )

Select language from first screen ( as it will be in Dutch ), finish setup of tablet

Open ES File Explorer , go to tools setting in ES File Explorer and select

“Root Explorer” to on , allow when Super User prompt shows , this will prove SU is installed and working

Open ES File Explorer , Select sdcard top right , Select storage

Install Google_Play_serv.ices-signe.d .apk ( To sync Play Store )

Install Busybox.apk

Install Link2sd.apk

Install Uni-init+v1.0.apk

Open Uni-init+v1.0.apk , install intd support

( you will need busybox installed first for this to work )

You now have working Play Store , Superuser and Android 4.1 with Intd support

For Extended memory ,( You need this )

Increase Internal Memory by Link2SD : Min 2 GB microSD

In order to add memory to Coby 1125, your micro SD card used for install will need to be formatted

Copy all files you wish to keep from micro SD to desktop as it will be wiped

• Backup all your files on memory card.
  • Go into the Recovery Mode ( as above , fastboot boot recovery.img ) ( Your operating system will be fine )
  • Make a nandroid backup at this time
  • Select “Advanced”, and then choose “Partition SD Card”.
  • Then Choose your size ( if you have a 2GB Memory Card, choose 512 MB, and if you have a 4 GB Memory card, you can choose 1024 MB, ext ).
  • Select 0 Swap.
  • Wait for the process to finish, and then select Reboot
You’ve just made a partition on your memory card, and its ready to use.

Now follow the steps below for Link2SD

• Open Link2SD. You will be prompted to choose between ext2,ext3,ext4 and FAT32.
  • Choose ext2
C:\Users\ELECTR~1.DIN\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

• Select OK ,
  • It will then say, “Mount Script Created”.
  • Now you Reboot your Tablet
  • Open Link2SD again, if any message does not appear ,it means you succeeded.
  • Go to Link2SD > Setting( far right top icon ) scroll down > Check the autolink. (to automatically move apps upon installation).
If you already have some apps listed , select “create link” ( be sure to check the files: app, dalvic-cache, and library files).

Move to SD option only moves app to SD it does not link them

Now to check the memory, select “Storage Info” . this will be showing you up the current status of your internal memory.

You should see as below SD Card 2nd Part

C:\Users\ELECTR~1.DIN\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

To move a system App you can long press App , it will pull up menu , select convert to user App let it do its thing

Select App again and it will open option to create link as installed user apps do

So far I have moved Calculator , VPN , Music FX , ES File Explorer and Sound Recorder with no issue

Use Link2Sd and (long press) on SystemUpdate.apk ( /system/app/SystemUpdate.apk ) and freeze app.

This will stop System Update from happening at random moments or on reboot

There is no Update to install though the System thinks so (without freezing it will continue to show updates available)