unzip my files

allboutpinky

Aug 1, 2011
i am tryin to download music files from a website.the problem comes in when i try to open the file and its says cannot open file to the bottom of the screen.im guessing its because they are zipfiles, am i able to unzip on the a500? if so how?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
ES File Explorer (free in the market) can open zip files and allow you to copy files out of it, or unzip it to a folder. It will work for local media only, (you can't open a zip file on a computer accessed across wifi such as your PC. You first have to copy it to your tablet).

hira

Jul 26, 2011
Other than the convenience of a single download for multiple files, why would anyone zip a music file? Most music formats are already compressed; zipping might actually result in a LARGER file (try it with an mp3 or jpg).

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Other than the convenience of a single download for multiple files, why would anyone zip a music file? Most music formats are already compressed; zipping might actually result in a LARGER file (try it with an mp3 or jpg).

Warze maybe?
I've seen many pirated music albums distributed this way from torrent sites.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011

Definately for convenience of a single file, although the .rar archive is much better for this. Great when sending multiple small files or breaking down a huge one into manageable sizes.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum